Everybody Wants To Be My Enemy

Warning: mentions of death, blood, mature content.

A/N Jinx's character is mended slightly in this because she overall had better guidance when she was younger, it played out more
_______________________________

Grief
/ɡrēf/
Noun
Deep sorrow, especially that caused by someone's death.
"She was overcome with grief"

"I'm glad that you've moved on, [Name]. I just.. I'm sorry. I could say it a billion times & it'd never mean anything to you. I just hope you're safe with Sevika. Find Powder & Vi for me."

She sat up harshly, as her bed rocked slowly below her.

Her chest heaved up & down, as her shirt stuck to her chest & torso in a cold sweat.

"Vander," she mumbled.

Baby hairs stuck to her face in sweat, while the cold wetness rimmed the bags below her eyes.

She hadn't had a dream about Vander in years,

So what was it now?

No, she didn't love Sevika.

She loved Vander.

She'd never be able to love anyone the way she loved Vander.

In the midst of her abrupt & shocked wake up, the memories flooding in & out of her mind, loud crying rang in her ears, as she rubbed her eyes.

They adjusted to the darkness of her room, as she slid her legs off of the side of the bed, wobbling as she gained consciousness of her body.

She was so confused, & exhausted.

Howl shot up out of his dog bed, letting out a few loud barks against the consistent crying.

[Name] winced, while the crying grew louder because of it.

She scooped the crying baby out of her crib, shushing & cooing her as Howl's barking simmered down. "Oh, Lyra." She mumbled off, trying her best to not stumble over wadded up clothes in the darkness.

Howl rubbed against [Name]'s bare calves, while she held Lyra in one arm, sliding on pair of shorts to cover her ass.

Lyra's sobs grew quieter, as her hand tugged at the small necklace around [Name] neck.

Lyra was one of the babies that [Name] was watching for the night.

Well,

She was the only baby she was watching for the night.

Her mother had passed on an earlier shipment.

[Name] exhaled, it felt like she was trying to do a million things at once. She never asked for any help.

She replaced the chain with her hand, while her bed creaked against Howl jumping up on it.

It swayed gently, & the dog curled up by one of the corners.

[Name] exhaled, as the younger child rested her head on [Name]'s shoulder.

She lightly pushed the bathroom door open with her hip.

She turned the small oil lamp on the counter on.

It was bright, illuminated the whole room.

She held Lyra with one arm, taking the cream-colored wash cloth off of the sink rim.