Chapter 7

*Third Person POV*

Zane walked forwards, with no destination in mind. He fell forwards into a cave. He whimpered. Who could blame him, he could barely remember who he was.

"Zane?" He heard, "Are you still there?"

He searched for the source of the voice but all he saw was his falcon.

"If you can hear me, wake up. You need to wake up?" The voice urged.

Zane jolted forwards, wide awake.

"It was only a dream," he sighed.

"It's amazing you can dream," the voice called, "I've always wondered what it's like. You've always been special."

"Where am I? Who are you?" Zane asked cautiously.

"I'm Pixal a friend. And you're in danger and have to get out of here. Your memory drive is out of sorts and your Elemental Power—"

"Elemental Power?"

"You're a Nindroid, Zane, a ninja. And your friends are here to save you. But they can't do it all. You have to remember who you are."

"Friends?"

"Remember, Zane," Pixal encouraged, "You saved your friends and then rebuilt yourself. There are things about you that you don't understand. That you have yet to discover. But if we're ever going to get out of here, you have to remember."

"Pixal, we are compatible?", Zane smiled.

"Yes, Zane. Yes, we are."

*In the Arena* *Garmadon's POV*

I walked up to be served creamy biscuits only to be rejected rudely,

"Next! Nu-uh. Nothing for you."

"Here's a valuable lesson son here, son. if you turn your back on your first evil sensei in an effort to go straight..."

"Next!"

"You may not be served creamy biscuits," I said finishing my sad excuse of a joke.

"Well, I know what we're being served," Lloyd grumbled, "A whole bunch of baloney. This isn't a fighting tournament. It's an alibi for Chen to steal everyone's powers. But we still don't know why."

"Isn't it obvious," Kai sassed, "Chen wants to destroy Ninjago City. I don't know what it is, but that place has had a string of bad luck."

"I'm not so sure. From what Sensei G's told us about him, I think it's something much more sinister," Cole said wisely.

"And may I remind us, we still don't know where Zane is, which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time. Don't look at me. I've already moved on," Jay pitched in still wearing his pyjamas.

"Your opponent got himself kicked out," Cole said raising an eyebrow.

"Hehe, either way, it's my day off," Jay chuckled turning to the server, "Extra creamy biscuits. And don't skimp."

"Taking a day off. And here I thought ninja never quit," Cole smiled mockingly.

"And I used to think a ninja wouldn't steal your girlfriend," Jay retorted.

"I didn't steal your girlfriend!" Cole shouted, causing everyone to turn to him, including the ever-intriguing Discord. I should ask what her element is.

"Whatever you have to say to each other, say it now, because harbouring grudges hurts no one but yourselves."

"He's right. You should be preparing to fight your next opponent, not each other," Lloyd agreed.