Cape Queer

Andy's POV

Kyle and I have been on the road for a while, going from place to place, tracking down each and every Good Girl doll that Chucky had possessed. We're in South Carolina, wearing some cheap suits and posing as federal agents as we walk towards a family's home and hide a handgun in my pants before knocking on the door, getting a man to answer.

 We're in South Carolina, wearing some cheap suits and posing as federal agents as we walk towards a family's home and hide a handgun in my pants before knocking on the door, getting a man to answer

Father: Can I help you?

Andy: Uh, yes. Hi, we're from the U.S Census. Can we have a few minutes of your time?

Father: Oh, we were just about to sit down and eat.

Kyle: Oh, this won't take long. We just want to make sure everyone is counted. It's important to be represented.

Father: Alright, come on in.

The guy lets us in the house and we sit in as we do our "inspection". Kyle attempts to be subtle with her questioning, asking for the number of people living here and their ages. She told me to play it smart, but it quickly annoyed me since we weren't getting anywhere with those types of questions.

Andy: Any recent property damage?

Father: N-No, not that I can think of..?

Kyle: We should move on to the occupations.

I ignore her and keep asking my questions.

Andy: Any fires, or major injuries…? Freak accidents?

Mother: God, no. Nothing like that.

Kyle: Well, we have to ask. So, you were saying.. your occupation--?

Andy: Any new dolls in the house?

Mother: Dolls?

Father: W-What kind of Census are you taking, exactly?

Kyle: It's a new thing we're doing at the bureau, you know, we ask a few questions to the kids excited for the Census.

The family then set down and the father tells his daughter to go and get her "friends" from her room, which she gladly does. I try to follow Kyle's lead.

Andy: U-Uh.. it's important to start them early.

The girl comes back with her dolls, but not the one we're looking for. She even started introducing us to them, until..

Daughter: Wait.. I forgot Charlie!

Father: O-Oh, of course! Go, go get her!

The girl runs off to go grab her other friend named Charlie, then comes back with a Good Girl doll and I immediately notice its hand. It looked a little melted.

"Charlie": Hi, I'm… C-Charlie, wanna play?

The mother and father laughed at the scene while Kyle and I were skeptical of the doll. I reach for my gun behind me and the Good Girl blinks.