Give Me Something Good to Eat

Jake's POV

A week has passed and Junior and I are being dropped off at school by his parents. Y/N and Chucky are back at the house with the housekeeper. I've been told not to bring them to school anymore because they're "disruptive." My uncle Logan, was talking to Junior about his protein and agility. When we get to school, he tells me I could stay home for another week. I declined the offer, exited the vehicle and was about to start walking until he handed me some money for lunch and told me to have a good day. As soon as I leave the car and walk towards the entrance of the building, I already hear distant conversations about me.

Female Student: What happened to his dad?

Male Student: Did you see what he did with those dolls?

Then Oliver walks up to me.

Oliver: Hey, Jake. Good to see you back. How are you doing?

Jake: Hey, Oliver. I'm okay..

Oliver: You didn't miss much. Miss after a pop quiz, and then Junior's still pissed about what you said about me and Lex.

Jake:...

Oliver: Look, Jake, I just want to express my condolences.

Jake: Thanks..

Oliver: And I wanted to apologize for every time I ever gave you shit. That was not cool. I'm really sorry.

I shrug and smile a bit.

Jake: Okay.

Oliver: I'm having a party tonight and I think I'd be really good for you if you came.

This was unexpected. Oliver, one of the many people who's bullied me for a while, is apologizing for everything and now inviting me to a party.

Jake: A Halloween party?

Oliver: Yeah. Costumes, coronas and candy. And...

He goes up to my ear.

Oliver:...we're not talking m&m's. My parents are in London for the weekend, so--

Jake: U-Um... I-I don't have a costume..

Oliver: It's alright, just bring Chucky and Y/N.

He walks away and into the building. I notice Junior and Lexy to the side, talking. Probably about me.. I ignore them and go inside, walking to my locker and see them walk pass me, talking about what Lexy was going to be wearing at the party. I open my locker getting what I need before closing it and bumping into Devon.

Devon: Hi.

Jake: Hi.

I walk past him until he stops me.

Devon: Jake, I've been thinking about it..

Jake: You have...?

Devon: About what you've been going through. You know, my dad died when I was nine.

Jake: Yeah, I remember...

Devon: I'm sorry.

Jake: Thanks. I really appreciate it.

We walk on.

Devon: We don't really know each other well.

Jake: We don't know each other at all.

We chuckle.

Devon: So, you're going to Oliver's party tonight?

Jake: I think so yeah....

Devon: Awesome! You bringing Chucky and Y/N?

Jake:...I don't know..

Devon: Why not? You three really killed the other night.