CHAPTER 37: The President [✔]

AFTER classes, we are finally going to see our office. The student council department. I'm very glad that our old squad wins, meaning that we will have a new place to stay just like this one. A comfortable place, even better. A place where we could hang out every day without any disturbance from other students. It was like they gave us our own lounge here, in Jackson High.

Scott and Nathan looked very excited, and I couldn't deny the fact that I am too. Besides, who would have thought that the normie students like us will be the one to lead Jackson High's student council, right? But still, the nervous and doubtful feeling about ourselves cannot be discharged out of our system just like that.

The three of us, Nathan, Scott, and I are walking down the hallway of our school towards our new little office when all of the sudden, someone came out from the random door of a classroom, only for us to see Becca, who's in a hurry to get somewhere same as we. Well, I instantly knew for a fact where she's going to right now.

"Going somewhere?" my nerdy bestfriend asked her.

She didn't answer. Instead, she just looked at our direction as cold as she can before she continued walking away from us, desperate to leave us alone but we still followed her since we are going towards the same location.

"Excuse me, are you following me?" she asked, after noticing that we are indeed following her.

Her eyes are undeniably furious, cheeks are blushing out or too much make up while her brows are furrowed in an intense confusion, maybe wondering what are we doing right now. From just observing her physical appearance, I could say that she already changed. She changed a lot about herself.

"Actually, we are going on the same place as you are, I think," Scott stated, before gulping because of nervousness.

I bet that Scott is still in love with her... Their feelings... It couldn't be driven out of their hearts just like that. Becca will surely not leave our squad if she already accepted the fact that she and Nathan can't be together at all... I know that she's hurting too as well as Scott.

"What?" Scott shut his mouth, unable to say anything.

"You're going to the student council department, right?" I asked her for Scott.

"Yes... And so what?"

"Haven't you remember that you and and our squad won the election? The principal told as to come there as well, to check out the office," Nathan stated.

I could see how Becca's hands formed into a ball of fist. And then she rolled her eyes, before continuing to walk towards the direction of our office. Nathan and I just shook our heads, while Scott remained quiet. The three of us followed Becca, before we finally arrived at our destination.

"Whoa... This is heaven," Nathan stated, as he looked around the office after the door just swing open.

"I can't believe we have our own place to stay for the whole school year!" Nathan exclaimed excitedly.

I just smiled at their comments, while Becca remained quiet at the corner, looking at us awkwardly right after what she did earlier... Well, she just accused us of following her and right now, she was probably thinking that we already labeled her as an assuming person... But we will never. Not even in a thousand years. We can still treat her as a friend... And that will never change.

"This is great. Tomorrow, I'm going to buy us coffee so that we can enjoy the ambiance of this place," Scott announced.

"Really? Free coffee for everyone?" Nathan asked, as if challenging him.

"Sure. Tomorrow, you will see."

Nathan chuckled, before placing his hand around Scott's shoulders. And here it goes... Their little secret romance. I just laughed inside of my head, before realizing that a little chuckle had already escaped from my mouth. Becca looked at me like I was some kind of a crazy person that was joking to myself, so I force to shut my mouth up. When I did, it was finally time for us to come home.

The next morning, Nathan and I arrived earlier than Scott and Becca at the office. The two of us smiled, while thinking the same thing. What if we try setting up the two once again? I mean, Becca and Scott... Now that Becca doesn't want to be our friend anymore, it wouldn't be too awkward for her to date Scott if ever.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yes, Mr. President..." I chuckled as I answered.

"Well, I could be both, president of the student council and president for their fans club."

I laughed, before shaking my head. And then we decided to start cleaning and decorating the office while waiting for the other two to finally arrived. But unexpectedly, Becca arrived earlier than Scott, and maybe that was because if the fact that Scott is busy buying a cup of coffee for us.

"Hey!" I tried to be cheerful, greeting Becca with all of my heart.

But she just ignored me, bringing a wave of shame to flood into my system. I feel bothered by that fact that for the whole year, Becca and I are going to be in this same office together with Scott and Nathan... And I know that we both couldn't last long nor stand this kind of situation. I need to make amends with her sooner or later, and make most of this year counts.

"That's alright, Nat. Please don't give up. Let us give her some space now. I know someday, Becca will finally realize that you two should finally forget everything that happened before," Nathan stated, cheering me up as he put his arms around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his body.

I just smiled at him. From the corners of my eyes, I could see how Becca glared at us, causing me to be alert and tell Nathan to remove his arms around me, but then the door suddenly opened, revealing Scott before I could even open up my mouth.

"I got four cups of coffee, guys," he proudly stated, before he started distributing the beverage to us.

"Thanks," Nathan and I stated as he gave us the cup.

When he try to give Becca her share, an unexpected thing happened. Becca just ignored him, like nobody is even talking to her. That it was just an empty air trying to make amends by giving her a peace offering.

Becca walked out of the room, leaving Scott's hand still extended while holding the cup of coffee. Nathan and I came closer, before taking it from him. He sighed, before looking down on the floor. Pain is visible in his eyes. Nathan and I wanted to comfort him, but we didn't. I'm sure that Scott wanted to be alone for now right after what happened... After facing another rejection coming from Becca.

And because of that, Nathan and I looked at each other's eyes, thinking that finally, now is the time for him not just to be a president of our school council, but to be a president of Scott and Becca's fans club as well, just like what he said.