Chapter 35

After a week.

Jennie's funeral.

Y/N POV:

It's been a week since she died. A lot happened, mom and dad came back the next day after her death. We could not find Byun-ho anywhere, he could not even be traced from the tracker we had on him. It was like he disappeared into thin air. The mansion doesn't feel like home. Everything changed. We have not been going to school instead we help our gang trace Byun-ho.

Time skip at the mansion

I am lying in my room, almost lifeless

I am lying in my room, almost lifeless. I miss her like crazy. I did not know what else to do so I went to Jennie's room. I looked around her room when a diary caught my eye. It was under the side table, I bent down and pulled it out. I took the diary and went to my room. I sat on my bed and started reading.

I HATE MY LIFE! I HATE MY LIFE! I HATE MY LIFE! Today was the worst day ever, we went on a mission and Jin oppa told me to look for anything or anyone on the top floor. When I went there I saw a person kill someone in front of my eyes, when he saw I was standing there he charged at me with his dagger. When he was going to stab me I shot him, his dead body fell on me and I was covered with blood. I want to leave this life of being a mafia. I want to live a good life with my family, I don't want to loose them, they are my life. I want to tell them to leave this life of being a mafia. I have had many suicidal thoughts and I have cut myself a few times but I would never kill myself, it will hurt my family.

Tears rolled down my eyes as I realized how much Jennie wanted to leave the mafia life. Why did she always hide it? Why did she not show her emotions? Why did she endure all the pain  herself? Reading her diary made me hate Byun-ho even more, why did he had to kill her? Couldn't it be me who died instead of her? with these thoughts I fell asleep.

The next morning

I woke up as the sunlight hit my face. I got out of my bed and went to the bathroom. 

Time skip, in the dining room

I came and sat down, everyone was already there

"Kids go to school, we will handle it." dad said breaking the silence.

"Dad's right, go get your bags and head to school." mom added. 

"alright." Jin oppa replied. 

So after breakfast we got our bags and went to school.

The day went by normally

The day went by normally. We attended our classes and went to the cafeteria in the lunch time. It was now dismissal and we went home. 

 "Hey Y/N Eun-woo is in your room, I told him to wait there for you

 "Hey Y/N Eun-woo is in your room, I told him to wait there for you." mom said as I headed to my room.

" mom said as I headed to my room

"Hi Y/N." Eun-woo greeted me. 

"Hey." I replied boringly. 

"What happened?" he asked. 

"Nothing." I replied.

 "Okay, I wanted to ask you something." he said seriously. 

"I have to tell you something before." I told him.

"After what happened, I am referring to Jennie's death, are we still together?" he asked hoping my answer would be yes. 

"No, we will not be together. I am sorry. I will also tell you the reason, Jennie had loved you for so long, she told me right before she died. I cant be with you knowing that." I said looking down with tears falling uncontrollably.

 I slowly looked up to see his reaction. He had tears in his eyes but he smiled at me and said.

 "It's okay, no matter what happens remember I love you and will always do." he said and left. I fell on the ground and cried. 

I cried for hours and sat there emotionless on the floor. The only thing that came to mind was cutting myself and so I took out a sharp blade from my drawer and made a few cuts on my left wrist. It hurt a lot but felt just right. I smiled through the pain and sat there with my hands covered in my blood.

Edited on July.07.2022 by,

p_jmins