Chapter 6

I turned to look back. Oh! it was Nikki..she hugged me and I kept crying 

Can you comeback? Can you prove that I was right and they were wrong? Where are you?

Nikki booked a cab for me and on my way home I  kept thinking...

Is it possible that he is still alive? I know it was a 9 mm bullet but no one found his body or am I just neglecting the reality because of my imagination...but those feeling in the morning when veer came close to me. Why I didn't stop him? 

Oh right its veer's birthday...

While looking for medicines in his drawer yesterday I found his Identity card which mentioned his birthday was today...

10 years ago on this date 22/11/2011 I lost Vicky and yet I never hated this date I have always celebrated his birthday...Isn't it funny 

I stopped the cab near a cafe and bought a chocolate birthday cake and a candle...

I reached home at 8:00..Half an hour late..

I saw Veer was sleeping on the sofa

The light was flashing on his face and his face was glowing..The perfect jawline and those big lashes..I went near him and crouched beside him..My eyes were stick to his Adam' apple. I felt tempted to his jawline and as I was about to about to touch his lashes he woke up..I hurried to move away but I bumped with the center table...Ouch!

He looked at the clock and went to the dinning table and got a glass of water

" I am extremely sorry if you have waited to celebrate your birthday with me"

" How did you know today is my birthday?"

" I have ways"

" Its worthless..I really hate my birthday"

" Why?"

" I have reasons..."

" My mom used to say taking can lessen your burden"

with an angry face..

" You...Where are you so nosy"

With an upset face I kept blinking my eyes..

" Drop your acting ..I am telling"

I had a big smile and clapped..

" I lost someone today"

I  started laughing said

" Just because of that..So funny"

" How can you laugh after hearing I lost someone"

he walked towards the balcony  and I followed him..I stood beside him and said

" You know I also lost someone today but I never hated the date""

" Why?"

" I think if that person gets to know that we hated a date for them they wouldn't like it"

He smirk and said " Really!"

" My mom said that if you start doing something that you hate you might actually come to like it"

" is your mom a psychologist ?"

" Why?"

" She keeps telling something or other"

I laughed and took him towards the table where I had prepared the cake..

" Its a chocolate cake...I like vanilla"

" Stop being a child and don't compare flavors"

As he was about to cut the cake I stopped him 

" Now what?"

" First make a wish and then blow the candle and then cut the cake"

" That so silly!"

" Close your eyes and think of something that's gonna be your wish"

" You know if I close my eyes I could only see her"

" That's great then she is your wish"

He closed his eyes but his eyebrows kept moving and he frowned..maybe an unpleasant moment..but he looked so funny that I started laughing ..He opened his eyes and kept staring at me, I indicated him to cut the cake...Its time to have the cake
I had the big piece and ate like weirdly.. 

Suddenly my eyes went towards him and I saw that  he was staring at me..My eyes were locked with him

He slowly started moving towards me and I gently closed my eyes...I could feel his warm breath on my face..My heart started beating fast..

He moved a little more closer and....