23 ✧ April Rain and Heartfelt Kisses

1978 April __________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

The year was almost over, they had just over two months until they would be forced back into the Hogwarts Express that would be London bound. This would be the last April that Regulus Black or Y/N L/N saw at Hogwarts, this would be the last graduation ceremony they would experience. At least for Regulus Black it was. 

Regulus glided through the Slytherin common room and without a word snatched the potions homework from Y/N entirely. Her handwriting was an interesting mix of beautiful and completely crazed, as the essay continued her hand would go sore and the writing perfectly depicted such exhaustion. 

"No, no more homework." Regulus stated. 

"What on earth is wrong with you?" Y/N raised an eyebrow in his direction. 

"It's raining outside." He slightly smiled. 

"Okay?" 

"What do you mean, okay?" Regulus grumpily asked. 

"My god, what are you?" Y/N laughed. "Five?" She paused, looking towards the window which only showed the Grindylows. "So it rains outside, that's what it's supposed to do, believe it or not." 

"So put this homework down and come with me!" Regulus rolled his eyes, he gripped one of her hands and pulled her up out of her chair. He then began speed walking to the door out of the Slytherin dungeons, speeding up when the door creaked open and allowed them to continue. 

"Tell me what we're doing!" Y/N whisper-yelled. 

"Going outside, April rain is my favourite type of rain." Regulus admitted, letting go of her hand as she tried to keep up with his surprisingly fast pace. "I don't want us to miss it." He as very persistent as they ran up the stairs and out one door, then two, which turned to three. 

Soon enough they were standing in one of the multiple Hogwarts courtyards, not a single person in sight as everyone had done the smart thing - which was to go inside and do their potions homework. The rain was striking the ground in thick and heavy amounts, saturating the two Slytherins that stood there. 

Regulus lifted his arms up and stretched them out towards the sky, he lifted his head and opened his mouth to let the rain trickle in. Y/N simply laughed, it was ridiculous that the Regulus Black was currently standing there in front of her, drinking rain water! Spectacularly insane. 

He wrapped his arms around her, their soaking wet school blouses sticking to their drenched bodies, lifting her up slightly as they ─ much like children ─ played in the rain. 

"God, I think I love you." Regulus whispered in a hushed tone. 

"I'm sorry, you what me?" Y/N asked, her eyes wide at the accusation that Regulus just put the word think and love in the same sentence as you. "I need you to repeat that." She said with a wide grin on her features, wiggling out of his grasp as she took one of his hands with her right, propping his other hand on her waist and securing her stance by slipping her left hand on his shoulder. 

"I love you." He chuckled to himself, as they slow danced in the rain, silence engulfed the two for a while until Regulus broke the quiet storming of the rain. "So, about you Alexander." He yelled over the rain. 

"What about Alexander?" She asked back. 

"What was that all about?" He raised an eyebrow at her, his hair wet and swept across his forehead.

"He left a box of letters open in the common room." Y/N explained. "I picked up the box and went to pack it away, but, I couldn't help myself since they were in my parent's handwriting." She continued. "So I picked one up and read it, that turned into reading all of them and figuring out when which one was written."

"What did they say?" Regulus asked, his nosey personality showing itself as it usually did. 

"Regulus, Alexander is in a situation, one I don't want you to share with anyone else, okay?" Y/N ensured that this wasn't going to get ─ Regulus was good though, it wouldn't get out ─ she took a deep breath as Regulus nodded at her. "I believe he's going to become a death eater." 

"Oh."

"Yeah." Y/N sighed. 

"Fuck, that's..." Regulus looked down, sort of a bit awkwardly. 

"Yeah." She repeated. 

"And he didn't tell you sooner?" Regulus asked, concerned at Y/N's expression. 

"He told me I had no business knowing, he also said I was no longer his sister, since he caught me reading them all." She sighed. "But fair enough, I suppose I was just emotional and got quite entitled over the whole thing," she breathed out, "he didn't need to tell me, I mean he didn't, but I also didn't need to go through the box."

"But c'mon!" Regulus heaved. "Surely he knew that just leaving the box out there would attract some attention, what did expect from a bunch of Slytherins?" He then changed disposition entirely, into one that felt much more passive aggressive. "He's not stupid, but he sure is lucky is was only you that found it and not someone else." 

"Imagine if Dumbledore had gotten wind of it." 

"God, or my brother and his band of idiots."

Y/N leaned her head on Regulus' cold chest. "They're my friends too so don't call them idiots." She demanded quietly, he simply hummed softly in response. "I wish we could stay like this forever." 

He took his hand from her waist and brought it up to her chin, lifting up her chin to edge closer to his, they sealed her words with a kiss under the April rain ─ Regulus' favourite. 

 __________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐