09 ✧ Library Lovers and Risky Business

1977 November __________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"I know you hate muggles, but I have to say, David Bowie is an icon." Y/N mumbled quietly to Regulus, the two were all the way at the back surrounded by books (as to make sure they wouldn't be heard). "He's good looking too..." She whispered under her breath, exhaling as quickly as she inhaled. 

"David Bowie?" Regulus asked, quirking an eyebrow towards the girls sudden proclamation. "Isn't that Romulus... sorry Remus' favourite artist?" He questioned once more, not bothering to look up from his book.

"How did you know that?" Y/N grinned. She had originally thought that perhaps he was jealous by how Sirius was surrounded by these amazing friends and Regulus got... Evan Rosier and Severus Snape; quite the opposite of his older brother's friends. 

"Sirius liked to talk about all his friends, especially to our mother." Regulus paused. "Potter likes Led Zeppelin, Lupin likes David Bowie, Pettigrew likes the Eagles, Sirius likes Queen and your brother really likes the Sex Pistols, Sirius said it was because of the name and because they made fun of the Queen." 

"Peter likes the Eagles?" Y/N snickered. "Like... welcome to the hotel California." The girl sung the most infamous part to the only Eagles song she knew. Regulus' eyes flickered up to the girl who only moments ago broke out into song, a subconscious smile twitching at his lips. "Such a lovely place... such a lovely place!" She sung once more, singing the latter in a high pitch tone. 

Regulus shushed her. "We'll get kicked out because of your... can you even call that singing?" Regulus asked her, a smile on his features. Not one that held traces of fakery or one he even knew was there, it wasn't out of spite and it certainly wasn't because he was about to mock her (no, she knew that particular grin all too well). 

"Yes, you can, now praise me." Y/N stiffly commented, a proud look on her features. "I think it unwise to not be amazed by my singing." The H/C haired girl pressed her lips into a small smile, in an attempt to suppress her laughter. 

"Would you like me to read you the definition of praise, I'll get out the Oxford dictionary." Regulus chuckled. "Apparently Tolkien helped write it." He informed, using a flick of his wand to help find it. The book landed on his table with an ever so loud bang that sounded throughout the large and hefty library. 

"You don't need to get out the definition." Y/N giggled with anticipation, she was trying to suppress the sounds that would flow from her mouth like nothing. "I know what praise means!"

"Well, clearly, you don't." He retorted. "To involve praise would mean I would have to admire or have some sort of appreciation towards what you're doing, that-that godawful howling is far from admirable." He stated, rolling his eyes as he exhaled loudly. 

"That lecture just then, that's heart attack inducing." Y/N laughed. 

"You're just a drama queen." 

"That's a muggle phrase." The H/C haired girl retorted, a smug grin playing at her lips. 

"Shit." He mumbled. "Blame Sirius, he's been getting his phrases stuck in my head since the inception of his friendship with those miscreants." 

"Remus isn't a miscreant, neither is Peter... my brother is far from a criminal and James is sweet, watch what you say." Y/N warned, a small and ever so quaint smile still graced her lips. "Sirius is a bit strange but he's kind once you get past his... rouge outside, he's just callous." 

"You say he's callous but he isn't doing too good a job at protecting himself and keeping others out, don't you think?" Regulus bitterly commented, he felt a sharp, pungent disdain towards his brother, yet when he would look into Y/N's eyes (and I mean properly stare, almost a proper gaze) it would fade, her passion for his brother and his ragtag friends would make him believe in them.