17 ✧ Secrets and Emotions Are Both Useless

1978 January __________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"You know, L/N, I'm starting to think ought to have a house change." James commented, viciously biting at his bread roll before chugging down his drink. "Gryffindor must be second nature to you or something." He remarked once more, a mouth full of food. 

"That's disgusting, James." Lily scrunched up her nose and pushed him away from her, in an attempt to avoid having him near her too intensely. "You really must learn to close that ridiculously huge mouth of yours, especially whilst eating." 

"It's one of my many charms." James jested. 

The table fell silent, it had been awkward since the train ride in. After their small talk, Sirius had become a quiet mess, being on edge when Remus tried to console him, pushing away Peter completely, and especially when James would try to get him to confide in Lily for any blushes of help. 

Yet, the point was mute. 

"So." Alexander cleared his throat, as he was the older brother of Y/N, being a pestering presence was second nature to him. "Are we just going to ignore Black?"

"Yes, we are." Sirius muttered, eating a bit more of his food before sipping on his drink. More loud silence was followed by his comment, the natural balance of the world had been put into possible detriment by his quietness. His ear splitting quietness; one that was even more erratic than his usual loudness. 

"No, we shouldn't." Y/N sighed. "You haven't been okay since the train ride, was it the pumpkin pasties you ate?" She then paused, slicking a hand through her hair to rid her face of any straying hairs. "Perhaps you're sick, James check his temperature." Potter did as he was told and shrugged. 

"I'm not sick, okay L/N?" Sirius scoffed. "Can all of you please just leave me alone, I'm getting a headache from yer' nonsense." He bit hard into his dinner and proceeded to make everything worse. 

Everyone was quiet and would continue to be quiet. 

Secrets between friends caused tears amongst them, ruining the relationships and letting it deflate into a wrecked thing; emotions only cause an uprise of problems that intensify by tenfold. 

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

a/n

I HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE IN SO LONG AND I JUST POSTED WHATEVER I HAD WRITTEN BEFOREHAND, I WILL WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER PROPERLY AFTER SOME RECON. 

- E