Chapter 26 - Respect

Lucy Pov

I wake up to an empty bed, I look at my phone to the right on the nightstand. I sigh at the idea of me picking it up. After what seems to be minutes of me staring at my phone, I force myself to pick it up. Scrolling on feeds I suddenly stumble upon a message from Jonathan.

" Hi, I didn't want to wake you on my way to work, so i'm writing this message to let you know that we are going on a picnic at 5, make sure to wear something casual (^_ )"

Crawling out of the covers with a smile on my face, I decide to take a shower and freshen up for the day.

****

Getting done I put on a yellow t-shirt and a pair of denim jeans, the dark blue type and some converse all star shoes. Looking at myself in the mirror as I walk into the closet I'm impressed.

As I'm about to get out of our room

I hear a knock on the door from the walk in closet.

"Just a minute" I say getting my phone and stuffing it in my left back pocket.

Opening the door I see Zara, one of the housekeepers.

"Good morning Luna" she says as she bows her head to show respect.

I automatically bow as well "Good morning Zara, how are you?"

"Luna please don't bow to me, let me show you the respect you deserve" She says, panicking as she looks from left to right, i'm guessing she is looking if there is anyone looking at us.

"Zara, I'm only human, and the guys aren't home so it's okay" I say, taking her hand in mine.

"Thanks Luna, but can I say something?" she says looking worried.

"Of course Zara, you know you could tell me anything." I say, letting go of her hands in case it's making her uncomfortable.

"I'm really happy that our Alphas found you as their mate, we have waited so long for you" she says with a smile

But the smile immediately disappears "Luna, if you keep bowing to us, it might send the wrong message. We are wolves and respect has to be given where it is due. Meaning if you keep bowing to us, some of us might become disrespectful. It would hurt me if that would happen, because the ones who would suffer would be us and not you. You know the Alphas, and given they are three, whoever is disrespectful to you would suffer thrice as much." Zara says, making me thoughtful and thankful that she brought it up

"Thanks for telling me this, one would think after reading all those werewolf novels, I would be better off with the knowledge I have." I say with a honestly, sad smile.

"No Luna, I didn't mean anything bad by my advice, I just want things to go smoothly for you" She says, now clearly panicking

I take her hand in mine again "I get it Zara, don't worry, I'm happier that you told me than if you let me go around gullible and unknowing of the mistake i would have been making".

"Okay Luna and thanks for understanding me" Zara says

"It's all good, now how are you?" I saying trying to change the topic

She gently smiling "I'm fine thanks Luna, and how are you?"

"I'm fine thanks, wanted to let you know that i've done the bed and the bathroom, so could you just vacuum the floor if that's okay with you"

"Of course Luna" she says

"Okay then I'm going downstairs then, catch you later Zara"

"Yes Luna, and just so its said, you look really beautiful " I blush at that.

"Thanks Zara" I say as I go downstairs.

You know that feeling you get when you wake up and the day looks really brighter, that's how I'm feeling right now. The house looks even more beautiful, not forgetting the plants around.

I walk right to the kitchen obviously, I find Ruth doing her thing in the kitchen.

"Hi Luna" she says bowing slightly with a smile. And going back to her cooking.

"Hi Ruth, are you good? Have you seen Cindy today ?" I say, as I sit by the counter

"She's with Zack, he's free today so in her words (it's mates day)" as she says that i can literally imagine Cindy saying this.

" I'm so happy for her"

"Yeah me too, eh, how was it yesterday ?"

Yesterday was amazing......

*************

I'm ready for our picnic, Jonathan's not yet home. I suddenly hear my phone vibrate in my pocket. Picking it up it reads "Love I'm outside"

I look at myself in the mirror for one last time as I rush downstairs to meet Jonathan

I find Jonathan out front with a basket in my hands.

"You ready?" He says looking at me, with his eyes switching from green to black.

I try to hide my confusion about his eyes switching "yeah, I'm ready, are we walking or driving there ?"

"Mhm, we are using special transport today" He says, with a smirk

I look left and right and backwards again " Where is this transport?"I say, but as I turn my head as to where Jonathan was standing I see a big black wolf with spots on it's right leg. At that moment life just leaves me, because I fall to the ground in shock of what I'm looking at. 

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Hey guys hope everyone is fine, I'm sorry that this chapter is short. But I will do my best to write a longer chapter in the next chapter. 

Don't forget to vote,  comment and thanks for reading.