Chapter 19 - knowing

Jaylen POV

I knew these assholes wouldn't manage to keep silent. You give them one job and of course they can't handle the pressure. You know It's so frustrating, we've waited for so long to just breathe the same air as her, even gaze our undeserving eyes upon her. But no! These bastards just threw away all that for nothing. Fuck I wish I was home right now. They got me here driving like a mad man and on a bike for that matter.....

Moon Goddess please keep me safe and keep my anger in check or else someone's going through surgery.

I need a new bike or maybe a car with more speed cause this is just too slow for the situation at hand. I just hope those bastards don't mess things up even more! Because if they do I don't know what I will do without her.

Lucy POV

I'm supposed to be calm, but lord I'm shivering like hell. I just want to turn around and run cause if they are the creatures I think they are then we're screwed.

I'm suddenly brought back to reality when Cindy pokes at my shoulder "are you okay?"

I would love to lie but fuck I'm scared "no to be honest I'm not, how about you?"

"I'm freaking out and the more we walk towards the house the more the fear I feel grows" she sighs "How much do you know about these people anymore ?" She asks in disbelief.

*sigh* "Not enough to be honest, it all happened so fast and the connection between me and them just grew. It got heightened after my accident, cause one minute Jake was at my door, me coming here and boom I'm a resident here" I say "Come to think of it if what I" I stop because Cindy will definitely think I'm crazy if I say what's on my mind.

Looking around I see we are fast runners because we haven't reached the house yet.

"I get what you are saying but everything is so weird. Did you know that all of them give you that eye?" Cindy asks

I'm taken aback by what she asks "what do you mean?"

"They all have this longing eye when they look at you" the fuck !? No ! Me! It can't be!

"It can't be, they are triplets Cindy and even though let's look at the bigger picture we need answers..."

After some minutes we arrived at our destination. Meeting a worried Jaylen who looks like he was either running for his life or just straight confused. Running to our direction he approaches me first "Are you okay?" Touching my head and hands for any injuries.

"I okay I guess" I answer not knowing what else I can tell him "you just came back?" Trying to change the subject about me.

"Yes I did, but are you sure you are okay?" His questions and his expressions are starting to worry me.

"I'm good Jaylen please let's go inside." I say while looking at Cindy

"Yes sure, let's go in" he says while leading the way.

Getting in you can feel the atmosphere is dead silent, like it feels like people are worried to say a word.

I decide to break the ice " Since myself and Cindy are guests, we really don't have the right to be asking questions, but because this topic is so hard for anyone in our position to wrap their minds around. I will just ask first." I take a deep breath to make sure I don't stammer.

Fear building in my core " If.. I may ask, what transpired for our newcomer to react the way he did ?"

The stranger starts "Luna I" he stops suddenly but why the fuck is he calling me Luna

"It would be best if we tell you in private" Jake says taking over from this stranger, with his face looking like he's having a mental argument with himself.

"No I can't leave Cindy as I did when I ran away" I'm not putting my friend through that again

" it's just that sensitive and better if we inform you at the side" Jake says again which is irritating me, cause I feel fear disappear as anger starts to build up in me

"Jake please, I'm not leaving Cindy on her own again "

Like always it's the guy who pisses me the most who answers me back

"FOR GOODNESS SAKES LUCY JUST LISTEN TO HIM!" Jonathan commands, sad for him I'm not in the mood for the command game right now

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TALKING TO?!?! ALL WE WANT ARE ANSWERS!" I practically shout at him cause that Lucy he apparently wants to interact with isn't here, she's somewhere else. I can be nice but don't mistake my politeness with stupidity.

He roars back " I'M YOUR ALPHA HUMAN!" Shock hitting me hard. Alpha what !!?! What does he mean by that, is he just implying that he's an Alpha male ?? Why did he emphasize that I'm a human, isn't he one too??

"What do you mean HUMAN?!??? YOU AND ME ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, WE ARE BOTH HUMAN AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE A MAN, I WILL DAMN STRAIGHT PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE!!" I shout back again feeling a burning fire of anger in every inch of my body, but confusing enough it's not just anger but also a certain kind of unknown fear..... to make matters worse, his eyes keep twitching from green to black like before we run away. which takes me aback and makes me take some steps.

"ENOUGH JONATHAN" Jaylen semi commands his brother which kinda works cause he doesn't say a word, just that his breathing is off when he looks at Jaylen but I notice it reduces as he turns to me. Which to be honest freaks the lot out of me.

Jaylen takes the lead " Okay then since you guys can't communicate, I will take the lead but before I start please be seated." He says looking at all of us. "Even you Jonathan"

I practically pull Cindy to the sofa near the door, so that if shit goes down we are out!

"Thank you for taking the time to hear our side" Jaylen says looking at me and Cindy but mostly me, somehow investigating my reaction

"We really wanted to tell you earlier but because of the accident at your place we decided to wait." He says looking at me then turns to Cindy "And for your situation we were not expecting any of this to happen to you"

Jaylen continues to say " we are * he stays silent for a while scanning our faces again* werewolves"

I blink for a while in disbelief as he continues to speak, for the moment I just see his lips moving but the words are not making any sound or sense for that matter. Knowing clearly well that I can't hear him, I still ask "what do you mean werewolves?? Are you trying to tell us we are in a house full of wolves?" I look at Cindy who's attentive as ever, than I have ever seen her in my life. But before Jaylen can continue, Cindy suddenly faints. 

---------------------------

Please vote and comment <3