Chapter 7

Cassi POV

"Mind out of the gutter." I laughed. "Cade what exactly were you thinking...wait never mind I'm afraid to find out."

"No ah...not what.....well....never mind." he muttered softly. "So you ready?"

"Yeah," i pulled on my pink hitop vans.

"Let's go" he grabbed my hand and smiled at me as he lead me to a big black truck. My hand felt so small enveloped in his much larger one. It made me feel oddly safe, which confused me

Cade drove quietly and pulled up into a market. It was huge, and everything looked freshly grown, and harvested.

We hopped down, Cade still hadn't said a word. "Cade," I said softly, "are you m-"

I was cut off with a, "hey Cade, what are you doing here?" I turned around and a georgous blond of about 5'7" and showing a bit too much clevage. "what's this?" she asked pointing a freshly manicured nail at me. Her face scrunched up in disgust as she glared at me.

I looked at her wide eyed and confused , I looked down at my shoes nervously trying to hide the tears burning behind my eyes. She didn't even know me,  my lower lip began to tremble.

Cades POV

"Whats this?" Nelli sneered, pointing accusingly at my mate. Nelli was the kind of girl who'd sleep her way to the top, and she'd been after me for quite a while. Oh sure I was tempted, but I knew her, shed do anything to sleep with the Alpha.

I looked over to Cassi unshed tears in her eyes, her lip trembling. I reached for her hand and gave it a comforting squeeze, while glaring at Nelli.
'Nelli leave,' I comanded furiously through the pack link. She looked at me confused, 'leave Nelli' I said again more furiously it was taking everything I had to remain calm in front of Cassi. To not shake with fury and take out my anger on the one who hurt my mate.

'Who's this Cade? This human,' she mentaly spit at the word.

'Nelli leave it be' I snarled furiously and she backed off.

"Nice to meet you," she said coldly, "See you Cade."

"Who was that?" Cassi looked up at me with confused hurt eyes.

"No one you need to bother with sweetheart." I put an arm around her waist and pulled her close, making the statment that she was mine. I glared at the males staring at her, humans looked away, other weres looked away in confusion at there alpha new 'pet'. Weres didn't normally mate with humans, it was rare and often the human rejected there were-mates, leaving the men alone.

"So what do we need?" Cassi pulled out her phone and a list was typed there.

Ground meat

Carrots

Tomatoes

Squash

Fresh cheese

Masa (what the heck was that)

Etc.

'What in the world is my mate planning to make?'

We got everything on the list, when we got in the car she surprised me with, "Cade...are you mad at me?" her soft brown eyes were wet with tears, her hands fiddling with her hair.

"Mad? Why would I be mad?"

"Maybe because I slammed the door in your face. Or because I don't know, because I'm just a bother." A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Your no bother," my hands tightened on the steering wheel, I wanted to reach out and pull her close. "and I know why you slammed the door in my face, it's alright." I pretended to be upset, "I guess you just don't want to kiss me." saying it, even in a teasing tone hurt.

"Sorry," she began crying, brokenheartedly. Tears running down her face, mouth shaking, cheeks flushed, her tears hurt more than any sobs.

'We made her cry' my wolf whined.

I pulled the car over,  "Cassi don't cry," I pulled her face up to meet my eyes. "Why are you crying?"

"I don't know," she sniffed "Im sorry, I just feel like crying. I'm not normally like this, my emotions are all over the place."

"Hey don't cry then," I leaned over and wiped away her tears. The moment I touched her electricity hit me, filling me with need. Then I couldn't help myself, I leaned over and kissed her, her lips were soft and unmoving under mine. I coaxed a response out of her, my tongue tracing her lips, she was hesitant at first, then it exploded into a shy passionate kiss. Her hands were gripping on to the ends of my shirt. I moved over her, pining her down in the seat, covering her slight frame with mine. My hands inching there way under her shirt, over her flat stomach, I unfastened the buttons of her blouse exposing her milk white skin, and bountiful breasts covered by a pink lacy bra. I slid her blouse down her shoulders, breaking the kiss. I kissed her neck down her collar, I wanted to taste every inch of her. I was so transfixed on the girl under me that I didn't hear a soft tapping at the car window.

*Tap tap* *tap tap* it was like a fly buzzing around until it came through the bond. 'Cade look out the window.'

Nathan my Beta and best friend was standing outside the window. "Hey sorry, to inturupt you." he was staring at Cassi, then I remembered she wasn't wear a shirt.

'He's looking at our mate,' my wolf growled, I did too and pulled on her shirt covering her breasts from his view.

'What are you doing here?' I growled at him.

'Well your in public, at first I didn't recognize the car, then I noticed your scent. But sorry man there are cars driving buy, don't wanna freak the kids out.'

Nathan was a cop, good thing to have in a pack.

'Shit'

'Yeah there's that and the girl looked scared shitless.'

I looked at cassi she did look scared. Her eyes were big and glassy, one hand clutching at her cheast, pulling her shirt closed. She looked so fragile and tempting. Her lips were swolen from my kisses, her hair disheveled, barely covering the pink lace of her bra, my mouth began to water.

Cade your giving me a hard on, stop thinking.' it was Nathan again. I growled at him again furiously, 'Don't ever think of my mate like that. I snarled'

'Shit sorry your mate? Wait...your mate congrats. Does she know? I mean she's human.'

'No I havnt told her yet.'

"Nate, how have ya been man? Staying out of trouble?"

'If we don't say something shell think were both crazy.'

"Not-much man. Now who's this pretty little lady?"

"This is Cassi, Cassi this is my friend Nathan."

"It's great to meet a pretty thing like you." Cassi shrank back into the seat, her face was bright red and her heart beating to quick for my liking.

'Cade get her out of here man, she's probably embarased getting caught in this situation.'

"Well we have to go, Cassi and I are makin' lunch, and kinda running late, see ya man"

"See ya."

'You cook? Now this I wanna see,' I could see him smirking in the side-view mirrors as I drove off.