Introduction

Chapter 1

My name's Cassi, and I'm a Lolita, not like Vladamir Nabakov's book lolita of the underage girls lusting after older men. I'm in love with the fashion, the knee length puffy skirts, lacy blouses, mary janes, headdresses, bonnets, the fashion that captures the innocence of youth. I'm obsessed with the Rococo and Victorian era, my favorite movie is 'Kamikaze girls', and everything I wear is ruffly and cute.

I am 18 years old and I have been with my Boyfriend Jared for 3 years, he's a soldier in the army, and the love of my life. He's strong, funny, loves to sing country music, my parents love him and for an incomprehensible reason he loves me. I am currently  attending college to become teacher, and living the picture perfect life.

Jared and I were enjoying his last night of leave by stargazing in our favorite field full of wild flowers, the sky was clear and the air was cool as we snuggled closer together under the blankets.

"Cassi-Bear," he sighed "I'm gonna miss you, I always do. I'll miss seeing your smile, your laugh, your hugs, leaving you is the hardest things I have to do. But before I go I have a gift for you," he sat up and reached into his pocket. I sat up stunned when he pulled out a small black box, "Cassi," he got on one knee, "Cassandra Luna, will you marry me." His eyes looked into mine, I could see all the love I felt for him reflected in his soft hazel eyes.

I threw myself at him knocking him to the floor, "Jared yes, Of course I'll marry you."

He pulled my head down and kissed me, "Thank god," he whispered, "I was so scared you'd say no."

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too, I can't think of the future without you in it, Cassi-Bear," he pulled me tighter into his hold. "You are mine, remember that Cassi, only mine," he kissed the top of my head.

'I'm dreaming, I have to be dreaming' I thing to myself as I lay in his tight embrace. Content in his arms my mind begins planning, 'There's the cake, invitations, my dress, oh there's so much to do. My parents!' I remembered I had to tell my parents they will be so excited.

I sat up, "We have to tell my parents, can we...can we tell them right now?" I said excitedly, I couldn't hide how happy I was. He held my hand and placed the ring on my finger,  lightly placing a kiss on my ring finger

"Of course Cassi-Bear, but they already know," he gave me a wolffish grin. "Your mom went with me to buy the ring."

"You two are evil," I giggled. "Planning things behind my back, I thought we didn't keep secrets," I pouted.

He leaned over and kissed me, "I know, but I knew you'd love it."

We went in my house, my mama was in the kitchen waiting anxiously. "You horrible sneak, how could you keep a secret from me mama?" I ran and hugged her smiling. She held me tightly in her warm embrace, "where's papa?"

"He's in the Den honey, go on he's been waiting anxiously for you to get home." She pushes me along smiling

"So I take it you said 'yes' Cas," He said smiling, as I walked in the den. He sat in his favorite recliner looking as big and intimidating as ever, he stood up as I approached and grabbed me up into one of his big bear hugs, while my papa could look and mean and snarly I knew that he was a sweet caring man. His soft brown eyes always held so much warmth and love for me in them,"I sure am gonna miss you though, gonna be quiet here without you baby-doll." His voice was thick with emotion,  I could feel him pulling me even closer in his embrace.

"Papa were not going to get married right this moment," I laughed as he put me back on the ground, I looked up at him and his eyes were shiny with tears.