Chapter 2

The song she's listening to is in the right :) click on it

Chapter 2

I followed Caden's truck  in my jeep, 'Sunrise', by Caroline Lufkin was playing, I could help but singing along with the beautiful melody. We entered a sprawling ranch, horses were grazing in pens, frollicing around, and basking in the sun. We approached a beautiful two story, ranch style house, surrounded by beautiful flowers of every kind. We came to a halt right in front of the house, and I climbed out marveling in the beauty

"This place is beautiful," I said in awe, I spun around trying to take it all in. "There are so many horses."

He laughed, "Yeah there are, do you ride?"

"No I don't," I sighed wistfully , " maybe one of these days."

" I may have to teach you if we have time," he gave me a heartbreaking smile. " We should head on inside." He turned to Katie , and lifted her in his arms, "Bet your mama's missing you by now, she's not used to having so much free time without you kiddo."

"Mama!" Katie called, as soon as we opened the door. A beautiful tall curvy blond with hazel eyes was walking twords the door. "Mama! Katie stretched out her arms.

The blond caught Katie in her arms, her smile was radiant you could see the love in her eyes. "How's my princess? Did you give your uncle any problems?"

"No she was an angel as usual," Caden said smiling. The blond turned to him, she saw me and looked at me curiously. "Now who's this?" she asked.

"Hello," I said making the biggest smile I could, even though I was nervous around new people. "I'm Cassandra Luna, but you can call me Cassi. Katie invited me for dinner, if that's ok?" I nervously played with my hair.

"Oh yes, it's fine. We love having guests, especially one my daughter invited," she said holding her daughter close. "My names Olivia " she smiled kindly at me "Now if you'll excuse me I have to get this little monster cleaned up and dressed."
"I'm not a monster," Katie giggled as her mom carried her away.

Caden and I stood there in the door way, I laugh softly. He looked at me like I was crazy, "awkward silence always makes me laugh." I explained.

"Oh," he laughed, "well that's one way to break the silence."

"Yes I'm sorry," I blushed 'Why am I so nervous' I thought to myself.

"So you want to check out the horses before dinner?"

"Really could I?" he nodded and I smiled and grabbed his hand pulling him along. I heard him chuckle, and felt his fingers slide through mine,then he was pulling me along. His big calloused hand fit so comfortably wrapped around mine. He lead us to a corral that had the foals all a rich mahogany color, the one of the mares came over and rubbed against the fence.

"Hey pretty girl, what a beautiful baby you have, yours is that little girl there isn't she? ." I pet the mare for a while before the other 2 mares came over, the fouls followed suit. One of the little boys started nibbling on my hair, I giggled. " Silly boy I can't possibly taste good," I pet his long neck, and kissed the top of his head. Caden tapped my arm, I turned to him he grabbed my hand and placed grain in it, I turned my attention to the horses, they all began nibbling the food out of my hand. After a while I turned to Cade, he was staring at me, a look in his eyes I'd never seen before.

(Cades POV)

She was beautiful, that was the only thing I could think. Long silky brown hair to her hips, a soft smile, chocolate brown eyes I could get lost in. I couldn't stop myself from staring at her, something about her drew me, gave me a sense of peace.