A City on the Rise

Start from the beginning

Drogon lands on the room, moving his wing down to allow us to climb off safely. I help Daenerys onto the balcony and I immediately draw my sword when I see a man with a spear.

"No- wait!"

Daenerys puts her hand on my arm and I see the man kneel. Now I recognize it's one of her Unsullied.

"Come on."

I sheath my sword, following her inside the room, seeing several Unsullied and other people in there already. The Imp is here as well. Just my luck. A Lannister.

"What have you done to my city?"

Daenerys questions as no one answers her. She just shakes her head.

"All of you, out."

She command in that Queen voice of hers. Tyrion Lannister starts to turn but she shake her head.

"Not you."

The Imp stays behind as everyone leaves us. It's just me, Daenerys, and Tyrion now.

An awkward silence ensues as the Masters' fleet continues raining down fire on the city walls and inside it as well. Tyrion swallows a bit nervously, looking at me with cation. I couldn't blame him. I killed his uncle and his cousin.

"Uh... Despite appearances, I think you'll find the city's on the rise."

An explosion shudders the structure a little and he grimaces while I don't move an inch.

"Perhaps we should take shelt-"

Another explosion, this time, closer as it shudders the room even more. I raise a brow to the Imp.

"The city is on the rise?"

I remark as the Lannister holds his chin up, looking to defend himself a little.

"Meereen is strong. Commerce has returned to the markets. The people are behind you."

Another explosion and Daenerys and I look at Tyrion unconvinced.

"Well..not all the people, of course. No ruler that ever lived had the support of all the people. But the rebirth of Meereen is the cause of this violence. The Masters cannot let Meereen succeed, a city without slavery, a city without Masters..."

Yet another explosion cut him off.

"...It proves that no one needs a Master."

"Good."

Daenerys replies.

"Shall we begin?"

"Do we have a plan?"

Tyrion asks as Daenerys steps closer.

"I will crucify the Masters. I will set their fleets afire, kill every last one of their soldiers, and return their cities to the dirt. That is my plan."

Tyrion seems to protest that idea and my mind flashes briefly to when Maege told me down after I wanted all of our Lannister prisoners executed, their bodies to be speared on pikes.