Normally, I wouldn't. It could be a threat - a man eating demon waiting to kill me, heck, it could even be ginger just in some kind of lizard form.

But that means I could sucker ounch the ginger so yolo. I went.

﹌﹌﹌

It was fast for such little legs. It had ran to the statue of rex lapis for some reason. Scratching at it, like it was pointing at it eagerly. It was like a little kid showing their mum something they really liked.

"it's the rock."

It gave an almost sigh like sound and gave a subtle shake of it's head. It then went off again.

This time, it approached an old lady. She had a smile on her face and was tending to some flowers, humming a small tune.

The lizard poked her leg and she looked down. Her eyes closed in amusement and she let out a small chuckle.

"My, what are you doing like that?"

It gave a weird high pitched sound, like a tantrum.

"Oh, I see." she giggled to herself with mischief.

"How did you get stuck like that, even after retirement?" she said sassily, continuing to tend to the flowers.

I awkwardly watched.

'stuck? retirement? small animals can retire? that old lady can understand it?'

"hello young lady. You seem to have an... interesting friends following you around."

She turned and gave another smile. The glint in her eyes told me she knew something.

"what... IS it?"

she snorted, "Why don't you tell me deary? It's quite remarkable you don't recognise me even though we only first saw eachother yesterday."

w h a t

Hold up, she does look familiar.

"You were the grandma who was fighting with the petting zoo..."

She laughed again, "So blunt! No wonder he finds you so entertaining!"

"He?"

"Why, the lizard of course."

I gazed at the little creature. Do i know him? He does have a bit of a familiar physical appearance...

"Sorry, I don't know what you're on about."

"Do you not? I'm sure he'd appreciate your help though. Try thinking harder."

HmMmMmmmm...

"you look like..." I started. The lizards eyes sparkled with hope.

"i dunno"

The older lady sighed.

"pehaps a coworker?"