18. Epilogue: YOU CAN (NOT) HAVE PEACE

Start from the beginning

Mari: "There he is. She said, standing up comepletely. Well it's now or never, so I better get started.

Picking up the Positron rifle. She started the slow walk, across the destroyed earth towards Unit-1.

However, these plans could fall short. As now slowly rising out of the exposed Dogma, the mysterious EVA was holding the Lance of Longinus. Gently setting foot on the ground, the EVA was now inbetween Unit-1 and Unit-3β 

Mari: "So that's the Unit-6. It looks even scarier up close."

???: "You're close, this actually isn't called Unit-6. It's the Mark.06. And It's a pleasure to meet you, pilot of EVA Unit-5." 

Mari: "...So you know me, but I still don't know you." She said, hesitantly, in the small hope of gaining some information on this unexpected EVA.

???: "Right, I am the pilot of the Mark.06, Kaworu Nagisa."

Mari: "Alright Kaworu, where'd you come from?" Truth be told she had so many more questions to ask him. Who is he? Why is it called the Mark.06 and not Unit-6?  

Kaworu: "Well, simply put, I'm with SEELE."

...

Mari: "So you're here to stop me?" Adjusting the rifle to have better access to draw it whenever.

Kaworu: "Nothing of the sort, I've come to greet you. It's my first time seeing you after all."

Mari: Of course this is the first time, when else would we have met before? Does that mean he also met Y/n before this too? With the way he said that, it seems likely... "Anyways, sorry to dissapoint you, but we're taking Y/n with us. EVA and Spear included.

Kaworu: "Y/n is trapped inside the EVA. If you take out the Spear, Unit-1 will certainly reawaken again and the Third Impact will resume."

Mari: "O-kay, so then what?"

Kaworu: "It's simple, that is why I retrieved the Lance of Longinus. 

Kaworu: "Here... presenting the Lance out towards Unit-3

Mari: "Huh?

Kaworu: "Plunge the Lance into Unit-1. It will nullify the power of Lilith, while the Spear will nullify the Vessel of the Adams.

Mari: "A vessel..?

Kaworu: "You will learn soon enough. Now, once both weapons are in, you need to eject the Entry Plug as quick as you can. Then you may leave with the three."

Mari: "...And the Lance?"

Kaworu: "I will be taking it back. There is still much to do." 

After a few seconds, Mari had enough time to formulate a question.

 Mari: "Why are you helping us?"

Surely, this plan of his had some ulterior motive that she just couldn't see. Something isn't right. This pilot, who's siding with those who started this whole situation.

Kaworu: "That is for the person you're saving. We need to keep this quick." 

Kaworu: "We're sure to meet again, until then, keep him safe. Until I'm ready to save him and our world."

--------------------------------------------

*Several hours later*

*Aboard the UN Pacific Fleet*

Sitting anxiously outside the Medical room. Asuka and Mari waited for news of any kind. This was particuarly frustrating for Asuka, as while Misato and Ritsuko were allowed in, she wasn't. Her everything was being unraveled just across the wall against her back, but she wasn't included.