16. Beginning of the End

Italics: The thoughts of the person speaking/ the current POV.

Bold: Actions, Set changes, POV switches, etc.

Normal: Descriptions, Exposition, etc.

"Quotes": A character talking.

*Third Person's POV*

*NERV HQ*

In the now destroyed Command Center, the three head technicians were taking a break, each a cup in their hands, talking among themselves. 

Ibuki: "Honestly I'm surprised that Y/n came back."

Hyuuga: "Yeah, and thanks to him, we're still in this fight."

Aoba: "Yeah, but for how much longer? We can't keep this up for long."

Hyuuga: "If another Angel shows up, especially right now. Then we're screwed."

Ibuki: "...." Looking at the dashboard, an incoming message was flashing to her. They noticed she wasn't interjecting her opinions.

Aoba: "What is it?"

Ibuki: "I don't know, we keep recieving a communication that's broadcasting from the Government. "

Hyuuga: "Let me see... Hmm, 'A-801 Order' "

Ibuki: "I've never heard of that." Scrambling through a few drawers before finding a book. Flipping through it, she was looking for the order that was given. "A-801 Order... here! It means that..."Reading on she paused and looked confused for a moment.

Hyuuga: "What's going on?"

Ibuki: "The Japanese Government has removed all legal protection and authority from NERV..."

Aoba: "What? Are you reading the right one? That can't be right.

Ibuki: "It's the right one..." She said rereading it multiple times, in the small hope that she read the code above ore below the one. But everytime, it repeated the same thing. NERV lost it's protection.

Aoba: "So then, now what? What does that mean?"

Ibuki: "We're stripped of our power?"

Hyuuga: "I don't know. We should let Colonel Katsuragi know though. Something's brewing, and we have no idea what's coming."

----------------------------------------------------

*Third Person's POV*

Ibuki: "So wait, a complete lockdown of headquarters?"

Aoba: "Yeah and now we've been in alert condition yellow for some time."

Hyuuga: "Do you think it's an Angel? We didn't get a warning from the Government."

Aoba: "Well, even if another one came, we'd probably be screwed."

Hyuuga: "But nothing has been happening, shouldn't the crisis be over?"

Aoba: "In think, that because of the A-801 order, that NERV will be disbanded. I have no idea what's going to happen to all of us after this."

Hyuuga: "But so soon? Shouldn't we wait till we know its over?"

Aoba: "I guess we'll have to tough it out before the Instrumentality Project starts." With the A-801 Order that was declared, a timer was displayed on some screens in the Commander Center. Showing a 12 hour timer that occasionally fluctuates up and down. But recently it has remained the same.