1. Just a Tool

Italics: The thoughts of the person speaking/ the current POV.

Bold: Actions, Set changes, POV switches, etc.

Normal: Descriptions, Exposition, etc.

"Quotes": A character talking.

 *Y/n's POV*

"We're sorry, due to the state of emergency that has been declared, all lines are currently out of service." an emergency message played over the pay phone. Hanging up, I replaced the sound of the dial tone with the endless droning of the cicadas during the day.

Y/n:  *Sigh* "Damn it, so what now..." How did I even get here, why did I even choose to meet him. That piece of shit has only ever hurt me. Oh but Y/n, he's my father, you should get along, right? Tough shit. I need to move on... he doesn't care for me, so I shouldn't care either.

Pulling out the photo that I had gotten. On it was a woman around her early twenties. Deep blue haired, and fair built, bending over to show a bit... too much? Too little? Apart from that sight, there were some scribblings. Establishing the person in question as Misato Katsuragi.

Card: To Y/n I'll be picking you up so wait for me, okay? <3 Check this out →

Y/n: "I wonder where she is, I thought she'd come and meet me here but... Eh?"

For a split second there, I thought I noticed a girl standing down the road, a schoolgirl, who looked deathly pale. As if an apparition had appeared. Next thing though, she was gone. Out of the blue and breaking me out of my thoughts was the roar of jets overhead.

A VTOL, multiple in fact, we're all converging on something. And suddenly, with the earth sounding like countless drums had begun beating. Tokyo-3 had become a battlefield: platoons of tanks along the mountains we're opening up. Artillery pieces, large caliber machine guns, naval guns, the roaring of missiles overhead, all firing upon a single thing. A monster, larger than plenty of buildings here. A black humanoid with the face of a skull was lumbering into the city, constantly being obscured by the immense gunfire.

 A black humanoid with the face of a skull was lumbering into the city, constantly being obscured by the immense gunfire