True Love? // Storybrooke

Start from the beginning

Regina was Zelena's sister. 

"I'm an only child," Regina said as the people of Storybrooke murmured around her.

"Cora lied to you," she sneered. "I'm your sister. Half, if you want to get technical."

"Why should I believe anything you say?" Regina asked. 

"She's telling the truth," Kyla blurted out. They both turned their heads to look at her. 

Zelena smirked and walked over to her. 

"Trying to be the hero again?" She said to Kyla. 

"Again?" 

"Oh, right, you don't remember," Zelena said with a chuckle, then bent over to speak in Kyla's face. "You still don't realize how powerful you are even without your magic," she said in a quiet, but harsh tone. "But just to remind you, if you try anything, I have the power to make the love of your life disappear in an instant with something that you allowed me to have."

"The love of my life? Are you on something right now?" 

"I'm sure you'll find out soon enough," she said, then standing up straight. "I can't seem to keep anything from you heroes, but thankfully, I have the greatest evil of all time on my side."

Kyla could feel her family staring at her, but she wouldn't take her eyes off of Zelena, even as she addressed Regina again. 

She demanded a fight. Whatever she thought Regina did to her in the past, she wanted revenge. But Regina had no idea. 

"I never even met her before today," Regina said to the heroes after Zelena left the diner.

"Doesn't mean you didn't do something to piss her off," Emma said. 

"You did manage to step on a lot of toes back in our world," Tinker Bell chimed in.

"Then there is the missing year. Maybe you did something to her then," Granny added. 

"Hang on a second," Kyla intervened. She could feel Regina doing everything she could to keep her cool,, but was slowly losing it. "I don't think this is the time for accusations."

"Why not?" Tinker Bell asked. 

"We don't even know if Regina did anything!" 

"And we don't know if she didn't," she said. 

Kyla shook her head. "Who invited you here anyway?" She asked, confused as to why Tinker Bell was weighing in on family matters. 

"Regina, we're just trying to get to the bottom of this," Snow said. 

"It's starting to sound an awful lot like you're all on her side," Regina said. 

"Regina," Kyla said, but Regina continued to walk. "Where are you going?!" She called after her. 

"To find out exactly what this witch thinks I did to her," Regina said, putting on her jacket and leaving the diner. 

The group was silent for a moment before Kyla exhaled loudly. 

"Way to go, team," she said, standing up from the bar stool. 

"You can't blame us for questioning her, Kyla," Emma said. 

"She's trying," Kyla said calmly. "I know you think you understand what she's going through, but you don't. You say you have this read on people, that you understand most, but you don't. I do. And it's a curse, believe me. Regina's heart is broken right now and you're just adding to it."