Chapter 15- "Red, white, and blue"

Начните с самого начала

I knew what Zayn was planning, how we would speed up when they were in close enough range just so we could catch them as off guard as possible. They had made the move toward us, they couldn’t act like we had attacked them, and they should be as prepared as they’ll ever be. They asked for this fate. I watched as the distance decreased, the crew prepared to board the other ship as soon as we were close enough. In one swift moment, we sped up, slowing only right next to them. The crew swung out, landing with echoing thumps onto the other ship, causing the red coats to holler a bit in surprise. I smirked, grabbing a rope of my own and swung onto the ship. I briefly glanced back, watching as the ship continued moving and nodded at how well Zayn knew what to do. He has been doing it for decades after all.

A red coat ran at me, his sword drawn, a battle cry leaving his lips and I smirked, pulling my own sword with my left hand and deflected the hit easily. With his momentum, he continued to move forward, stumbling and trying to stop, but the ship deck was moist, and he soon dove head first over the edge and into the swirling sea. I shook my head, the brits being so stupid as to send untrained men out onto the sea, they were asking for a bloody massacre. The sounds of fighting filled the air and I smiled, I truly was enjoying this, as sick as it sounded. It reminded me of who I was supposed to be, the ruthless pirate that didn’t leave survivors. The same one that didn’t let a boy effect anything. I thought I was a little overdue with proving that point- rather emphasize the point. I wasn’t truly all that cruel, but sometimes things happened. It was justice in a way, for all the pirates they’ve lynched because of their chosen ‘profession’.

Another red coat lunged at me, and I swiftly turned to dodge the attack and swung at his back. He cried out, falling to the ground. I made no move to finish him off, it was cowardly to attack someone from behind and if there was one thing I was not it was a coward. Yes, I was dishonest most times, a crook, thief, criminal, but I was no coward.

“Captain!” Someone called and I quickly turned on my heel, taking my attention off the red coat lying on the ground. I moved quickly, smooth and unthinking, stabbing the man trying to kill me from behind. I felt no sympathy for him, I thought of his family- the family he could have- and felt absolutely no sympathy for him. He was a coward, and they would be better off without him. He didn’t need to raise his sons to be cowards like him. I pulled my sword from the soldier, watching as he collapsed on the deck in a heap. I spun remembering the red coat that had fallen behind me. I saw he was standing there, a confused look on his graying face.

“You could have killed me. Why didn’t you?” He asked quietly, confusion lacing his voice. I laughed darkly.

“I’m no coward, and only cowards attack people from behind.” I snarled, gesturing back to his dead comrade on the ground. He nodded, seemingly agreeing with me. Someone write it down in the history books, a red coat seemingly agreed with me. He lunged at me again, and I turned again, elbowing him roughly causing him to sprawl on the ground. He groaned, getting back up, and lunged at me. I shook my head, realizing he wouldn’t learn. I drove my sword into his stomach, listening as he let out a pained groan when I pulled it out. He was a fair opponent at least, and for that I would give him credit. I let him fall to the ground, half his body sprawled on the other one I had just killed. I looked up, seeing a sword in my view and quickly deflected the hit. I spun the sword, causing the one holding it to twist at an odd angle. He twisted, and I moved so I stood behind him, his back pressed to my chest and a sword to his neck. He breathed harshly, a small whimper falling from his lips before I sliced his neck and let him drop to the floor adding to the pile. I glanced up, freezing when I caught sight of something familiar but oh so different.

“Harry?”

_______________

Wheyhey

Am I messing with you or is this legitimate?

Am I messing with your emotions yet?

Do you think its Harry or not?

How did you feel about that small part of violence?

Was this what the fountain meant by let the water guide you? Or was this coincidence?

Did Niall want this more than freedom?

Do you think Niall wants Harry more than the elixir or not? Why?

Put yourself in his place, which would you rather have?

What is the next clue?

Is the map ruined? How will they find the elixir without the map?

Real life question of the chapter:

What is your favorite old Disney movie? (meaning 2010 or before)

Dedication to the commenter that can guess:

My top 5 Liams (snapback, frat boy, facial hair, etc)

OR

My top 5 Louis’ (Snapback, tatted, 2010, facial hair, long hair, etc)

150 comments for an update by Wednesday?

Xx Val