Episode 10: A Fair Offer

Jimmy and Kim get a hotel room. This is a long night as they are dreading the next day...
Kim's plan is luring Gus in a meeting and hand him to Lalo. Jimmy tells her that they have no access to him unless they go through Mike or Lyle's mother. Kim asks Lyle's mother to contact Gus. But he does not reply to any of her calls.

Mike goes to visit Nacho's father in the hospital. He is doing better but he still cannot talk.

Jimmy has an idea: doing what he knows the best. He calls the art students and they shoot a video with Lyle's mother, some kind of TV spot in which she talks about the disappearance of Lalo. The idea is to indirectly blackmail Gus!
Gus receives by courier the cassette and watches it. There is a letter saying that they plan to send this to TV outlets to give more coverage to Lyle's disappearance and he is invited to participate in the TV spot. There is a phone number.
Gus is fuming, he believes Jimmy and Kim are trying to scam him. However, the plan worked. He calls the phone number. Kim replies. Gus speaks in a very sweet manner. He invites her to his house stating he'd be happy to help her in any manner with Lyle's case.
Things have gotten too real. Jimmy is wondering if this is some kind of trap and he is afraid to send Kim into the lion's den. But, at this stage, they have no choice.

After much hesitation, they decide not to stick to the plan and not inform Lalo of the meeting; Jimmy convinces her of allying with Gus. However, this is not easy as they are followed day and night by Lalo's men (recruited off-screen with the help of Tuco). They find a diversion with the help of Kuby so that Kim can meet with Gus.

Tonight is the night. This is the second time Gus and Kim meet. He is calm but cold.
The way he is handling the cooking knife makes her uneasy. He asks her to cut some onions.
Unlike what she planned with Jimmy; she tells him that she is disappointed by his way he treated them. She and Jimmy helped Gus in a tremendous way. Kim informs Gus that she can provide very precious information about Lalo, but this would bear a cost.
Beside money, she asks him to protect her and Jimmy from the cartel and to make sure they are not involved again in this war. Gus: 'Is that all?' There is a long pause. She hesitates a bit. She adds that she knows that he is doing a lot of charitable actions and she wants Gus to make donations for her pro bono practice...! She surprised herself by making this bargain.

Silence. Gus weighs his options, then shakes hands with Kim.

Back at the hotel room, Kim gives an update to Jimmy without mentioning the pro bono donation she negotiated with Gus. The agreed strategy is to go back up to the initial plan of luring Mike, but the difference is that Lalo would be the prey, not Mike. The only caveat is that Jimmy will be caught between the bullets, which is not ideal given his PTSD... However, this is the only viable option.
Kim announces to Lalo that she will need more time to frame Gus. But as expected, Lalo demands to go back to his initial plan of luring Mike. Jimmy calls Mike (who is aware of Gus' plan) to schedule a meeting.

Jimmy and Mike meet in a disaffected warehouse. They pretend to have a normal discussion.
At one point, a van appears; Lalo sent his men. Shots are fired from everywhere. Mike gives the alert; he needs to win time before Gus's reinforcements arrive. Jimmy closes his eyes and covers his ear.
After a moment, reinforcements (Gus's men) arrive. They trap and shoot Lalo's men. The calm comes back. Mike starts inspecting each of the bodies, but he can't find Lalo's body... Where is he?

Mike looks at the surroundings. Nothing.
Then he looks at the roof. There are holes in the roof and there is an eye looking through one of them. Lalo!
Mike doesn't think. He just runs after him. We hear Lalo sliding from the roof. Outside the warehouse, Mike sees a figure from the dark. BANG. BANG. However, Lalo manages to hide.
Then a tense cat-and-mouse game in the dark begins (in the same way as The Silence of the Lambs) and lasts long minutes. Both of them are hidden behind containers and fire from time to time.
At one point, Lalo commits a mistake; Mike reacts quickly and shoots Lalo who falls to the ground.
Mike approaches him, aiming at him with his gun: 'Something to say?' Lalo just smiles; he knows that this is the end. BANG. BANG. Mike shoots him dead.

Kim who is waiting in the hotel receives Jimmy's call. Thank God, he is safe... She is relieved when she learns about Lalo's death and hopes this is the last time they will have to go through this...

TL; DR: After much dithering, Jimmy and Kim decide to ally with Gus. In exchange for their help, Kim asks Gus to make donations to her pro bono cases among other things! Gus sets a trap to Lalo during which Mike shots him dead.

Better Call Saul Season 6 Outline - FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara