Episode 4: Fried Chicken

The wounded cousin is being treated in a clandestine hospital. The twins feel humiliated and decide to inform the other members of the Salamanca family.
They wonder if Lalo is really still alive and who could be behind the killings, certainly a rival. Also is Nacho in cahoots with the kidnappers? Decision is made not to keep these events secret and investigate.
They mention potential candidates to handle things on the other side of the border including Tuco who was released recently from prison.

Kim and Jimmy are studying the photos taken by Kuby of Howard's files. They learn that he convinced witnesses to report Jimmy's tantrum (cf. S5 E7 'JMM') and he is contemplating sending a complaint to the Albuquerque bar association for ethics violation...
The hearing is in a few days. Kim will represent Jimmy. This has taken a huge proportion and they need to play dirty as Jimmy would have a lot to lose. They need to find a way to counter Howard's evidence and testimonies and make the judges believe another narrative. Kim: 'We will figure it out.'

Lalo and Nacho are in front of Manuel Varga's store at night. Nacho begs Lalo to let his father out of his, but to no avail. Lalo is pretty sure that Gus's men are keeping an eye on the store and he is right. Nacho enters the store and makes up a lie to convince his father to follow him. Mike is notified and instructs not to interfere and to start tailing Nacho's car. Mike calls Nacho, but the latter doesn't reply. Lalo who is driving another car identifies the tailing car and shoots Gus's henchman at a stop.
Manuel Varga understands something is off and Nacho, full of shame, remains silent.
Part 2 of Lalo's plan worked as expected: he now has leverage on Nacho and better now Gus believes that Nacho has provoked him.

Gus meets with Mike to discuss the death of one of his men. Is fear really a great motivator? What is Nacho up to? He has no reason to provoke Gus unless he plans to leave town once for all.

In their new hideout, Lalo has two words with Papa Varga; he is really nice to him. Nacho asks Lalo what they would do next. Lalo: 'This is cold war!' Next objectives: tarnish Gus public image and make him lose control. OK, but how?

This is the day of the court hearing. The hearing starts. Howard is represented by his friend Clifford Main from Davis & Main. He claims that Jimmy has been harassing him after his job proposition and damaging his reputation, hence his request for a restraining order. He convinced witnesses of Jimmy's tantrum to testify and shows that the prostitutes have been defended by Saul to prove their connection.
Jimmy denies the accusation of harassment. For him, Howard has been affected by Chuck's death and, since then, he suspects him of abusing drugs. He convinced the prostitutes to testify that Howard is their customer and that they saw him taking drugs. Jimmy claims that he was the one being harassed with the job offer, causing his outburst at Howard. The judge is torn between these two contradictory versions.
Then Howard decides to pull his last ace out of his sleeve. He shows the footage of an unidentified man (Kuby) breaking into his office. He has reasonable doubt to suspect Jimmy of ordering this. On that basis, the judge decides to grant a restraining order against Jimmy.
Before leaving, Howard tells Kim he is sorry for her getting involved, but this was for the greater good. Jimmy and Kim ignore him; they are in shock...

Night-time. Lalo and his men break into Gus's restaurant and find Lyle. Lalo asks Nacho to kill Lyle to prove he is on his side.

Nacho's heart is pounding. He doesn't want to kill an innocent. Fine, he will do it himself. He asks one of the men to boil some oil... What!?

He asks Lyle to call Gus. The phone is not answering. Not a problem. Lalo puts on some gloves and plunges Lyle's head in the oil... The vocal message is recording everything...

TL; DR: Lalo and Nacho come back to Albuquerque. Lalo kidnaps Nacho's father to gain leverage over Nacho. He brutally kills Lyle (Los Pollos Hermanos employee) and send a voice message to Gus. Howard wins the court hearing; the restraining order against Jimmy enters into force.