Episode 8: Watching and Waiting

Gus has an emergency meeting with the cartel. Every local news talks about Lalo. Gus tells them that he suspects Lalo and Nacho to plot a scheme to undermine his business. The Salamancas do not understand. Did Lalo fake his death? Did he lie to the cousins? Has he gone mad?
Gus shows them the footage of Lyle being killed and, to him, he is an agitator, a troublemaker that needs to be stopped. Lalo has crossed the line.
The cousins will be sent to investigate in Albuquerque, now that Lalo is on the run. Gus's strategy is simple: now that Lalo is isolated, he wants to weaken him by making him a pariah in the eyes of the cartel and get rid of him once for all.

Lalo gets his wound treated at a clandestine hospital. Reveal of Tuco who is sitting by his bedside. We learn that Tuco took over Hector's business. He asks Lalo what happened to him. He remains vague: he needs for the moment to remain in the shadows and exact his revenge against Gus. Lalo thanks him for his discretion.

Usual business day for Jimmy, although he feels quite uneasy. Mike is waiting for him outside the court and, to Jimmy's surprise, is here to give advice as a 'friend'. He knows that Jimmy helped Nacho escape. Whatever Nacho is up to, he needs to leave town and disappear for his own sake.
What about Lalo? Mike: 'Just stay out of this. Don't do anything stupid.'

Nacho buys a car. He receives Jimmy's call informing him about the discussion with Mike. He just listens silently without a word. He arrives well in advance to the meeting chosen by Ed the Disappearer. He still has time, a lot of time to kill. Waiting there is almost unbearable as he keeps thinking about everything that happened and his father...
Then suddenly, Nacho can't take it and leaves... Where is he going???
He arrives to the hospital in which his father is admitted. The only issue is that Gus's men may be watching... He doesn't care anymore. He gets out of the car, walk a few metres... Then he has an epiphany...
He comes back to his car and takes a big breath. He looks at his phone and calls... Lalo. The phone doesn't pick up, he leaves a voice message, threatening ... to kill Hector.
Right away, he contacts Jimmy asking him to inform Mike that he is going after Hector. Jimmy is quite lost; Nacho explains his plan: he wants to create a diversion to go visit his father, but more importantly he wants Gus and Lalo to tear into each other.

Jimmy thinks deeply. Should he take the risk of following Nacho's plan? Kim believes he should tell the truth; otherwise, he might be blamed for setting Gus up. After much hesitation, Jimmy informs Mike. Jimmy: 'Keep this between us.' Mike is quite annoyed.

Lalo receives Nacho's voice mail. He rushes to Hector's nursing home. However, having a bad feeling, he asks Tuco to go check on Hector, while he is waiting outside out of sight. He was right because, at one point, he sees a car arriving... The cousins show up... What are they doing here? Is it a trap? They enter the retirement home. Lalo immediately asks Tuco to remain quiet. What does the cartel have to do with this? Did Gus team up with them too? (Off camera, Gus aware of Nacho's plan and knowing that Lalo would be heading to the nursing home decided to inform indirectly the cartel.)

After making the false diversion, Nacho goes to see his father. He cries as he sees Papa Varga in a vegetative state and apologies.
Nacho feels that he is followed by someone. Oh, shit... He tries to lose them. When he returns to his vehicle, Mike and Victor are waiting for him...

Lalo walks aimlessly in the streets. He is thinking about his next move but it seems like he exhausted all his options. Maybe it is time for him to return to the cartel and tell them everything. Then by coincidence he stumbles on a Saul Goodman bench. This is a sign of God.
Jimmy receives a call from a new customer, but, once he arrives at the meeting place, he discovers this a trap: Lalo is waiting for him!
Lalo asks how he is doing. Jimmy is terrified...

Mike and Victor drive Nacho to the desert. Mike in private tells Nacho that he is sorry for him and his father. He warned him not to do anything stupid and he burnt his chance. Nacho realises that Jimmy betrayed him and begs Mike to just let him go.

Then Gus arrives. Nacho knows that this is the end. Gus breathes a long time, he promises that he will make sure his father is taken good care of. Gus asks Mike to shoot Nacho. Nacho is crawling on the ground trying to escape. This is difficult for Mike who always empathised with Nacho, but he pulls the trigger. Once, twice, thrice... The camera turns away so we don't see what is happening and we look at the infinity of the sky. End.

TL; DR: Lalo forces a meeting with Jimmy. Nacho goes to visit his hospitalised father for the last time, but he is captured by Mike. Mike shots Nacho dead as ordered by Gus.