Episode 3: Something Risky

The other cousin is in his car away from the meeting point waiting to have an update from Nacho and his brother. The plan was for him to only intervene in case of emergency. His injured brother calls him for help.

Jimmy and Kim meet at the nail salon. Jimmy seems exhausted like he has been thinking the whole night. Kim is worried and asks him about the $100k that disappeared. Jimmy felt safer to hide it in a secure location.
Jimmy wants to emancipate from all the powers of those who have been manipulating him. But, first, he needs to solve the Howard situation once for all.
Kim doesn't say a word; she listens carefully. This time, unlike the Mesa Verde situation, he wants to keep Kim in the loop, no more of 'sucker situation'. She is in.
Jimmy admits that he hadn't found yet the right angle. Jimmy and Kim start brainstorming together. He needs to find a flaw, something that would hinder Howard's prosecution. But what?

Mike informs Gus that Nacho's car has stayed in the same location for hours (based on the tracker), which is suspicious. Did the cousins learn about Lalo's death? Otherwise, why would they call Nacho?

In the dark, Nacho is running exhausted. Then he sees behind him glaring lights. A van is following him. Oh God, no...
He shoots aimlessly. The glass is armoured... An armed man gets out of the car and handcuffs him. A smiling Lalo is facing him. He almost collapses.
The cousins are driving; one of them is wounded. They see the van disappearing in the horizon.

After long hours of brainstorming, Kim has an epiphany... What if they send a spy to search in Howard's office? They may gather useful information on his defence strategy. Also Kim knows HHM well.
Caldera, the veterinarian, introduces them to Patrick Kuby who agrees to help.

Once they arrive at the hideout, Lalo start interrogating Nacho. The first part of his plan was to catch at all costs Nacho first and he tricked the cousins to unknowingly do the job for him.
Nacho, scarred, breaks down and admits that Gus is the one who planned the murder attempt and that, if he didn't cooperate, he would hurt his father.
Lalo is angry at Nacho, but Nacho can still be useful to destroy Gus. Lalo: 'Gus likes to control everything. It's his biggest quality, but also his biggest flaw. What happens when he loses control? The fear of the unknown...'

Kuby, dressed as a technician, infiltrates the HHM building early in the morning. He stops at Howard's office. Howard's secretary appears out of nowhere; she is too talkative and nosy. Jimmy and Jimmy are listening to everything...
He manages to create a diversion, which gives him enough time to photograph Howard's files. He is almost finished. But the annoying secretary comes back and becomes suspicious; she calls security.
Kuby uses the elevator to leave the premises and bumps into... Howard who fortunately is not aware of the situation. Jimmy and Kim celebrate the success of their mission.
The secretary informs Howard about the alleged intrusion. He immediately thinks about the ideal suspect: Jimmy... He smiles proudly. POV from an invisible camera he planted in his office. This time, he tricked Jimmy, he has everything on camera...

TL; DR: Lalo catches Nacho who admits that Gus ordered the attempt assassination of Lalo. Jimmy and Kim meet for the first time Kuby and team up with him to break into Howard's office and to learn about his strategy for the upcoming court hearing. The plan is a success, except they don't know Howard planted a camera in his office...