Episode 9: Dead End

Nacho is dead. Gus looks at Mike and tells him that he values his loyalty. Mike is still shaken; he does not reply to Gus. He digs a grave.

Back with Lalo and Jimmy. Lalo: 'Now it's time to tell the truth, all the truth...'. Jimmy pretends he told him everything (cf. S5 E9 'Bad Choice Road') and that he doesn't see what else he needs from him. However, Lalo is not fooled; he asks to see his phone.
Lalo searches in his call history and finds Nacho's number!
Jimmy admits that he acted as his lawyer after his arrest and that Nacho wanted to trap Lalo and that he asked him to call Mike, but that he doesn't know much. This is all. Lalo's eyes light up... What again?

Saul's tongue has slipped. He mentioned Mike...
Lalo has every reason to believe that Jimmy was playing a double game all this time. Fine. Lalo asks to meet with Kim. He has something on his mind...

Bolsa has two words with Gus to inform him that the cousins couldn't find Lalo. This time, they need to act fast to get rid of Lalo; Lalo may return to the cartel or be preparing his next move. Also, Gus mentions that he paid the silence of Lalo's men who were arrested after the DEA raid.

Kim meets with Lalo; she is terrified. Lalo still remembers her advice to get his house in order and wants her opinion on his revenge plan: he wants Jimmy to lure Mike by setting a meeting and then captures him.
Kim tries to deter him. Killing Mike would not solve his problem. He is isolated and had one shot for this. She suggests that he would need to go directly after the big fish: the Chicken Man. Yes, but how?
Kim thinks deeply. Jimmy looks at her almost desperately. She sets her conditions: they need to be compensated and Lalo needs to promise that he would leave them alone after the situation is settled if they decide to help him. No problem (at this stage, Lalo doesn't care); he just wants them to be followed as he doesn't trust them... (Kim explains her plan off camera.)
Kim suggests handling the situation the only way she knows how to handle things... legally.

Back at their home, Kim and Jimmy discuss the delicate situation they are entangled in. Jimmy asks her if she is sure that she wants to proceed that way. Wouldn't their best bet be to be on Gus's side and inform him of the situation? But the issue is that Lalo has the devil's luck; no one could catch him so far and, if he learns that they betrayed him, he would retaliate in some way. They decide to go along with their plan.

The next day. Gus cleans the trash at his restaurant. Then a police car appears out of nowhere. The police officers have a search warrant and are looking for the security tapes to explore a new lead on Lyle's disappearance... They also have a few questions to ask him. Wasn't this case supposed to be closed?
After the police leaves, Gus calls Lyle's mother. She felt the disappearance of Lyle didn't make sense and she wanted to reopen the case. Gus notices that she takes a long time before replying. Gus: 'Is someone with you?' Lyle's mum: 'No.' The camera shows that during the call, Kim was next to her.

Later on. Mike meets with Jimmy and asks him what the fuss is all about. Jimmy admits that the reopening of the case was requested by Lyle's mum. Why didn't he inform him? Anyway, he'd better find a way to stop this. The tension escalates until, Nacho is mentioned in the discussion, Mike just goes berserk and punches Jimmy. (He feels guilty about Nacho's death and partially blames Jimmy, but Jimmy is not aware of Nacho's death.)

Back with Kim. The police are investigating the tape and doesn't notice anything suspect. Gus is too meticulous; he obviously edited the camera footage to remove the footage of Lalo's killing Lyle. Kim's main lead is falling apart.
She brings the cassette at home and keeps analysing it, looking for a clue. Then Jimmy appears with a bleeding nose. He tries to convince Kim that allying with Gus would be in their best interests. But Kim is stubborn, she is determined to find a way to defeat Gus (also noting that she doesn't like the poor consideration he is given them).

Jimmy and Kim meet again with Lalo. He doesn't want to give Kim more time to pursue her legal scheme against Gus; he wants to come back up to the initial plan of trapping Mike. To the surprise of Jimmy, Kim says she has all figured out and that she will hand him Gus on a plate. She just needs some more time; Lalo accepts but give her a short deadline.
Back in the car, Jimmy asks Kim: 'Is your plan solid? Otherwise, we are fucked.'

TL; DR: Jimmy and Kim suggest to Lalo a legal way to deal with Gus, but their efforts to reopen Lyle's disappearance case and put him under the scrutiny of the authorities are inconclusive.