CHAPTER 23. PREPPY KISSES

HIS LITTLE STALKER
••

"So how was the party?" asked Jessie opening her locker looking bored and tired from this tiring day of nothing but boring classes.

"It wasn't a party and it was good but according to Preston, it was a low-budget dinner party" I replied looking at the text Aven send me this morning.

*Morning babe*. The whole way to school I tried deciphering what this meant.

Morning babe as we are in a relationship now or morning babe as in babe just cause. And the worst part was that I couldn't show it to Jessie for help or anyone for that matter or go to him cause he wasn't in any of the classes and during lunch period I learned that coach took them out to a secret training for the upcoming game.

"I knew there was a reason why I liked that boy," she said slamming her locker shut. "Toby and I spoke last night"

"Yah?"

She nods opening an energy bar. "Yeah and as much as I like him I think that relationship has sailed out to the high waters of no return"

"Seriously Jessica, but why when he technically didn't cheat on you," I asked walking into our last period of the day.

"I know but he thought about it and in my books that's cheating" she huffed taking a seat by the window.

Rolling my eyes at her I shook my head taking out my book when Mrs. Andrews entered looking like a hot Cheeto mess.

"Okay class settle down, I've got bad news" she announced earning the class attention. "Mr. Hart has left us this morning and will no longer be a student here, God!, he was my favorite student" she cried taking a seat opening her ritualistic bag of donuts.

"What!?" Jessie's sudden cry caught me by surprise.

"How come he didn't tell me, God no!. I was just playing hard to get...... I love him, Alex!" Jessie cried out grabbing my arm tight, eyes glimmering with tears and for the first time in a long time since that homecoming event I saw her cry and just like last time, it wasn't a pretty sight...... It looked foreign on her.

I raised my hand. "Ma'am we'd like to be excused please"
She waved us off stuffing her face and I quickly got up helping Jessie up too ignoring the murmuring students.

"Chill, I am sure everything will be okay," I said trying to be the supportive friend but my lack of empathy failed me. I don't really like emotions unless it's my emotions of loving Aven.

"How!!" she yelled and I looked at her crazy as her voice nearly woke up the ghost janitor of our school.

"Okay first I need you to tone it down cause I told you to give him a chance again but your stubborn ass just didn't want to, so suck it and go get your men before he leaves" I half yelled feeling heated.

She wiped away her little tears and looked up at me trembling and uncertain. "Do you think he'll want to see me and if so, stay here for me?"

"Yes. He will!" I sighed putting my hands on her shoulders shaking her a bit. "Give him a reason to stay"

Wiping away the little tears she managed to pour from her stone-cold heart she smiled at me. "Thank you Alex" she quickly hugged me and off she ran, skipping the last class of the day.

••

Arriving home I found mom watching television, today was one of those days where I think that she'll be home and we'd hopefully have a mother and son moment where we can watch a movie and thirst over how hot young Leonardo was.