Double meanings

"You know the drill I need you to sit still." Iyra took the eye injector and placed it in his eye.
"If you must." Silco sighed.
Before leaning into the chair when the injection is done.

"I'm enacting the plan Iyra...Tomorrow the world is ours...and Vander will be dead." Silco noted.

"Are you sure about this...? I mean I trust you I know your talent....it's just...If you get hurt..."
Iyra pleaded.

"I won't get hurt Then Problem solved." Silco twisted a vial of shimmer between his fingers to illustrate a point.

"Grayson handed Us our Asses once... if she survives ... or if Marcus the slime bag that he is decides to betray you on any of the things... I'm sorry it's just I don't trust him he's already betraying one organization he's supposed to be loyal too how long before?..." Iyra noted.

"I don't Trust him that's exactly why it works. I can trust he will always be swayed by enough coin and corruption." Silco smirked.

"Ok... well just make it home ok?" Iyra pleaded.

"Even if I have to crawl." Silco assured Iyra.
________________

The rest of that day was a waiting game...
It's a gentle knock.
"Do you want a distraction?" Veronica offered holding up a game of chess.
"It would be much, appreciated at this point thank you. Veronica." Iyra warmly smirked.

"Do you ever think about it... How you've basically switched roles... Silco was always the one who was reserved and you were always the one to plan criminal enterprises. Now you tend to be reserved towards violence accept when you do get into rebellion.... Or get violent it's more intense then it used to be and for sure more intense than when Silco gets Angry. You know when you argue sometimes I can hear it all the way from another floor... Let's just be glad I have No intention of telling Sevika. Silco blew up her cat...
I just was surprised he kept Insisting he hadn't done anything wrong ,because he didn't know it was her cat. I don't know... I didn't agree with that either ... Sevika scares me a bit ,but... nobody deserves to have Their cat blown up.... But a rat on drugs...
How would you even start to explain that...
Oh hey Sevika you know how you're cat went missing we Silco and the alchemist decided to give a rat expire-mental drugs and the rat may or may not have blown up and eaten your cat..." Veronica chuckled.

"I feel and about that.. I didn't expect him to use a cat as bait especially not accidentally stealing Sevikas." Iyra rolled her eyes.

_______

Iyra had her cloak on watching from the roof of a house at the edge of the abandoned s district.
Veronica sitting next to her. The explosion somewhere in the distance. Making Iyra jump ...
"They should've been back by now...it's late."
"They'll be fine even if Silco tries to do something stupid Sevika will keep him level." Veronica reassured Iyra... Watching as Iyra stood first walking back down the stairs of the once stone house now reduced to rubble.. each house in the abandoned district was similar in being made of stone but different in the degrees of decay each structure endured. Until they got to the one familiar mansion at the end of the road...
Returning inside before Iyra settled in to one of the antique chairs. Replaying each detail in her mind as she succumbed to sleep.
____
It's was the time of night that is actually early Morning when Iyra was woken up by the loud creaking of the ancient doors.

Moving as fast as she could to get to the door.
Not even thinking just hugging ...
"You're okay." Iyra smiled ... before she was pulled out of her thoughts by Silco clearing his throat.
It was only then Iyra noticed Sevika holding a small child...