Chapter 36 - Early morning questions

"Knock knock?" You hear Peter call out.

Trudging over, you rub your eyes and stuff one hand into the pocket of Stephen's hoodie. "It's... 7:20 in the morning, Peter," you lean on the door frame to see the boy ready for school.

"I need to go early, but... I'm sorry but I need someone to come to Parent-teacher conference this afternoon,"

"Parent teacher what?"

"Uhm, it's like a meeting thing where the students, their parent or guardian and the teacher sit down to discuss how they're going on in school," he explains rapidly.

"And why isn't May going?" You both turn to see Stephen walking back down the hall with a glass of water.

"Isn't she in San Fransisco? That's why the kid is staying here for the full week," he walks over and ruffles Peter's hair with a yawn.

"Don't mess up his hair, he needs to look good for Miss Jones," you tease, fixing it up.

"What are you two even talking about?"

"I have PTC this afternoon and have no one to come with me, I thought I'd ask you first before going to Mr Stark," he gestures to you.

"Stark and Potts have a Gala tonight," you smile lazily at him, "but don't worry, I'd happily go,"

"Really?? That's great!" He whispers shouts as to not wake anyone else. "Can you come to? I mean, it would be nice to have you there considering how much you've helped me with school,"

"Come on, Doc," you nudge him. "It's just a few hours, besides, can't let me off loose alone,"

Strange drops his head and nods, "fine, but I'd rather not be back here for dinner, it's Barton's night on cooking,"

"Fine by me," your words were met by a rapid nod from Peter. "I'll see you after school, pumpkin," you give him a motherly kiss to the cheek before pushing him to hurry off to school. "Well, I'm wide awake,"

"Same here... want to watch a movie?"

"I'll grab the cereal,"

~~~

Jumping on the couch with Stephen, you flush your knees to your chest while he flicked through the options.

"You care a lot about Peter, I can tell," you murmur without looking to him.

"He's just a kid, he deserves a few people he can rely on,"

"Mhm," your eyes dart to his other free hand. "Well, I think it's sweet, because he sees you as a role model," moving your hand into his, you feel the small tremor while your skin felt the prominent texture of his scars.

Strange looks down to your hand lingering to fully hold his. Then to you, he lets a soft smile settle in. "I'm not exactly a good choice,"

"I think you're the best choice," you affirm, feeling him fully interlace his hand with yours. For a split moment, you could see his eyes dart up and down, chest still with his held breath.

Hearts in a rapid synced race. That replicated lowering of your eyes to his lips spoke that you both thought the same thought.

What you expected to be like every other kiss, rough and lustful, his was a soft approach, slightly withdrawn. Not from lack of attraction, but fear that he would seem too much. He cared. He need you to know that he cared.

And you knew. Oh gods you knew.

When he leaned in hesitantly as you did, the soft breathless kiss turned into a sweeter passion. The remote dropped on the couch as his hand shot up to cup your face.

Confidence, all that had diminished at the thought of intimacy post-crash, had flooded back.

All but a kiss and smile shared.

That's all that mattered.

"Are we going to watch the movie?" He teases while both your eyes kept close.

"Mm, depends what type of entertainment you're looking for," you tease back, feeling his body tense at the idea, excitement evident when his palm rested on the nape of your neck to pull you closer.

"What does my princess have planned?" He whispers.

"Your princess?" That certainly took you by surprise, no doubt his own words shocked him. "I like the sound of that, Doctor," slipping your leg over his lap, you straddle him easily.

"Do you now?" Palms planted firmly on your hips, you felt them move down to your exposed skin, fingers dragging up your thighs. "Maybe I'll say it more often then," he slips both hands under his hoodie to wander along your figure.

"Maybe you two should do this anywhere but in the living room," Natasha's sudden presence made you both jump in fright. "Oh, calm down, if I was Loki or Thor, Strange would be dead before he could mutter Sanctum Sanctorum,"

"Good to know," Stephen groans, letting his head drop back.

"Please don't-"

"I won't," she winks to you. "The party floor is empty, I recommend using the one on the very end of the hall," she winks before walking back to her room.

"I'm not going to lie, having my life indirectly threatened kinda killed the mood," he admits to you.

"Agreed," you push your forehead against his. "How about we go to the theatre room? So we aren't disturbed?"

"What plan do you have brewing in your head?"

"Oh, nothing whatsoever, Doc," you turn off the TV, "just thought we could go somewhere more quiet and sound proof instead of somewhere Romanoff knows we would be," you whisper into his ear.

"You had me at sound proof," he lifts you up in his arms so both legs wrap around his waist.

~~~

OKAY THIS IS THE LAST ONE I SWEAR-

- Anna ❤️