Chapter 35 - Movie break

It was just another week, a few after the events of Halloween: "Uhm, Mr Doctor Strange, sir," Peter was stumbling through the balcony doors to Stephen who was holding a stack of books. "I have a few questions, and because Mr Stark, Miss Romanoff, Mr Vision and Doctor Banner are gone, you're kind of the only person that could maybe help?"

"I'm offended," Loki scoffs, passing by.

"Sorry, Mr Loki! It's just Earth stuff," he tries to explain before scrambling for papers which scatter on the ground.

"Listen, kid, I'm kind of-" Stephen then sighs, "give me a sec,"

"Making a mess again, pumpkin?" You use your magic to sort and collect all the papers. "What are you annoying the party clown with now?"

"I heard that!" Strange yells making you wink to Peter.

"Well, I got some Biology homework and a project which is just really confusing me,"

"Doctor, gotcha," you hum. "Mind explaining what you know so far?"

"Uhm, it's molecular genetics and bio chemistry," he hands one paper over. "Macromolecular structures are kind of confusing me, and also application to-"

"I didn't understand any of that, but I'm just going to make you a snack because you look sickly," patting his cheek, you move to the kitchen as Strange nods for Peter to follow him to the couch.

~~~

"I don't get it," Peter was starting to get frustrated from the lack of understanding. His hair was frizzled up, head in both palms and nothing but small scolds to himself being heard over Stephen's words.

"That's fine, it isn't easy," the sorcerer assures.

"You Midgardians put the younger generation through too much stress," placing plates of sweets and fruits down between them both, you give Peter a kiss to the crown. "You're doing very well, Pumpkin, don't worry,"

"Y/n isn't wrong, for someone who just learned it today, you're doing good," Stephen takes up the project. "Alright, how about this, one more run through of the basics? If you don't get it after that we can try something different,"

"What about a movie, Peter's been in school all day and now he's back here doing more work," you reason with Stephen. "The entire concept of Homework is ridiculous and more so a punishment,"

"It was actually a form of punishment when it was first made," Stephen says making you deadpan to him, "so yes, we can watch a movie... Star Wars?"

"Wait really? I thought you didn't like that stuff?" Peter looks to Stephen in surprise.

"Yeah, but you do, kid," he pats Peter's back before going to grab a drink.

"This'll be fun,"

~~~

"I'm bored," you whisper to Stephen while Peter sat on the ground near the Tv.

"Because you don't understand, but let's let him have his fun," Strange puts an arm over your shoulder. "Want a nap? You seemed busy today,"

"Mm, I just had to sort out a contract that my mother sent down regarding the south village library," you yawn, moving closer to curl under his arm. "Everyone is out right?"

"Everyone on the mission will be back tomorrow, Loki and Anna are out on a date, and the rest are returning later tonight after they're done at SHIELD," he recounts.

"Good," putting the blanket over you both, you feel his arm form small shapes on your skin.

~~~

"That was amazing!" Peter grins, looking back to see you asleep in Strange's arms. "Oh, shoot, was that too boring?" He lowers his volume.

"No, no," he shakes his head, stopping his mindless fiddling with your hair. "Just a busy day, but I didn't mind that too much," Strange admits.

"Should we..." Peter points to you then your room.

"I'm sure it's fine," he floats Peter's homework over.

As the mini lesson continued, the break for Peter to switch his mind off for a moment proved to work. In fact, Stephen even made references to the movie to further Peter's understanding.

By the end of the lesson, Peter was easily finishing every question; his answers even impressing Strange. "Good job, kid,"

"Thanks, this really helped," he looks over the notes then to the elevator doors where the team was slowly returning one by one. All but those planned to return tomorrow.

"And then I went-!" Pietro then felt a role of duct tape over his mouth, or rather one made of magic.

"What the-?" Wanda looks from her brother to Strange and Peter giving small signals to lower their voices. "Oh,"

Bucky nudges Sam for some money while Vision received a total of $165 in bets. Clint and Pietro empty their wallets just as the last of the people leave the elevator.

Loki being the biggest worry.

A dagger slides in to his palm as Stephen turns his head away to give the rest of the papers to Peter.

"Yeah no," Anna drags Loki away.

"Finish the project off, there are supplies you can probably find in the labs for it," Strange notes lastly to Peter before manoeuvring you into his arms and bringing you to your room.

~~~

"Let go! Why are you letting this happen?!" Loki yells at Anna once their bedroom door shuts.

"You better fix that tone," Anna says bluntly. "You were not only about to wake Y/n up, but also cause mass panic,"

"I was not-"

"This is big, Loki, you know how hard it is for Y/n to trust people, let alone fall asleep around them!" Anna gives an irritated look. "I know you're protective, but if you ruin this Y/n will just go back to being... cold and distant,"

"I don't want him near her,"

"This isn't about what you want, Loki, do what's best for Y/n, okay?" Anna sighs, walking to him. "Don't let your personal hatred affect Y/n'a chance at being happy," she sits beside him on the bed, kissing his cheek softly. "I love you,"

"I love you too..." he mutters with reluctance on her demands still lingering.

~~~

OKAY LAST ONE

OKAY LAST ONE

GOODNIGHT AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

- Anna ❤️