140

It's nearing Christmas and Rachel and the kids are wrapping gifts. "Mom look I'm a gift"Matthew stated wrapped up with a bow on his head which made Rachel laugh. Then Johnny came down with a gift for Zak all wrapped up. "Johnny did you wrap this on your own?". "Daddy helped it's for Zak" as Chris came down. "Honey why does Matthew look like a wrapped gift?" he asked. "I'm your gift open me" as everyone chuckled. "Now are you OK that Zak isn't staying over for Christmas this year" Chris inquired.

"This was his idea for us to make memories of our own. Beside he's spending Christmas with our mom". "All right" as they kissed. "YUCK!!!"The kids said at once as the adults snickered. Then the phone rang. "I'm going to get that" Rachel remarked getting up. "Come on guys let's clean up" Chris replied. Rachel picked up the phone. "Hello". "Hey Rachel, how's your little girl doing?".

"She's wonderful Corey what can I do for you. Peggy not liking her fifteen minutes of fame on Zak's show" as Corey snickered. "It's not that look it's something I shouldn't tell you, but I thought you should know". "Know what Corey, you're giving me chills" she replied. "Zak's spending Christmas with just Gracie this year"he remarked. "Zak told me he was spending it with our mother" she stated shocked to hear this.

"I thought you should know" Corey replied and hung up. "Well, we clean up all the wrapping," Chris remarked but tears started to fall down her face. "Rachel what's wrong?". "That was Corey he runs The Haunted Museum for Zak. He told me that Zak's spending Christmas with just Gracie". "I thought he was spending it with your mother" Chris inquired sitting next to her. "I knew something was up when I felt so sad today, I'm feeling my twin's sadness" she remarked. "You two are connected"Chris stated.

"Yeah, one time when Zak was in Deadwood, he got this shooting pain like he was stabbed in his back. It was so bad that his knees buckled on him. When he called me after the investigation, he saw I had a broken arm. I told him that my knees just buckled, and I fell down the stairs breaking my arm and bruised some ribs. Zak looked like he had seen a ghost and told me what happened to him. You could say what happens to Zak sometimes happens to me" she replied with a smile. That night Zak was watching television when the doorbell rang. He got up and at the door is Chris.

"Chris what are you doing here?"Zak inquired as Criss came in. "I came to invite you over for dinner" Chris replied. "I'm going out with my mom to-". "Zak, your manager sold you out. Why didn't you tell Rachel you had nowhere to go"? as Zak and Chris sat down. "Because I've been her rock since her husband left her. I helped with raising Matthew and Patrick, but now you're a part of her life now. She doesn't need me hanging around on Christmas like we usually did"Zak stated.

"Zak, I don't want to cut you out of those kid's lives it's like me cutting my family out of Johnny's life. I know you have traditions which I thought were great. Rachel told me about having an accident a few days before Christmas and all of them had to stay in the hospital, but you gathered up all their gifts and surprised them with a Christmas in the hospital. You even paid off a few nurses with tickets to the haunted museum to let Gracie in. Zak, I would do the same for Johnny if that happened to him. I told Rachel if she wants you to stay over for Christmas it's all right with me. Beside Johnny has a gift for you he likes how you include him in some of the stuff you do with your nephews and your little secret you told him about your battle with Leukemia. Now grab your coat and Gracie and let's go" Chris remarked. As the kids were getting ready for dinner the door opened and Gracie came in.

The boys ran over and hugged her. Then Zak and Chris came in. "Uncle Zak you came!"Patrick said running over. "Well, your stepfather wanted me to come"Zak replied. Then Johnny walked over and gave Zak a present. Zak opened it and it was a picture Zak took of the boys when they went bowling together. "Thanks Johnny I know right where to put this" giving him a hug. "Well, why don't we all sit down for dinner"Rachel stated. As they were about to sit down Aurora cried. "Someone's lonely"Chris said.

"I'll get her" and Zak went upstairs. "I'll go help him just in case Aurora needs a change" and Rachel went upstairs. When she came up Zak was nearly done changing her. "I'm surprise you remember how to change a baby"she replied. "At least this time I don't get hosed," as Rachel snickered. "Thanks for letting me come tonight" Zak stated with a smile.

"This is all Chris's idea Zak. I think he likes having you around too since both of his brothers live on the east coast doing their own thing. I think sometimes Chris gets lonely for some male bonding" Rachel stated. "Next time I have a poker game I'll invite him". "Just make sure he doesn't have a couple of aces up his sleeve"Rachel replied as Zak chuckled.