134

It's eight in the morning and Rachel is doing laundry when her phone rang. "Hello". "Rachel" the voice said nervously. "Zak what's wrong?". "Something's wrong with my eyes I see double of everything and my head feels like it's about to split in two"he replied. "Zak don't tell me you spent the night in that demon house?" Rachel asked knowing in her mind her brother did. "I need you to come to Indiana and help me home" Zak replied. "All right Zak".

"Also don't tell mom". "I promise" and hung up. When Rachel got to his hotel room the whole room was dark. "Zak are you in here I may need to pull out a flashlight if you don't answer"she stated. "I'm here keep the lights off" Zak replied. She walked in and saw Zak sitting in a chair with his head down. "So what happened?". "I can't explain it I felt this pressure in back of my eyes and it killed. When I came out my eyes crossed and I'm seeing double with a migraine to boot" he replied.

"I talked to Carmella her boss can see you tomorrow so we should go". "Can you be my eyes?" he asked looking up. When Rachel saw Zak's eyes crossed it spooked her but she didn't show it. "Here put on these sunglasses so you don't scare anyone" putting them on him. A few weeks went by and Zak was staying with Rachel untill they knew what's going on with his eyes. "I talked to Jay they knocked the place down but they saved the things you wanted"she replied. "Thanks" as he sat down.

"I heard from all the doctors they all agreed about your eyes you have a condition called diplopia. You're going to be wearing prism glasses from now on". "What about surgery?" Zak asked. "If something goes wrong we'll be training Gracie to be a seeing eye dog. In other word you'll go blind". "I fucked up by going to that house" Zak stated getting up.

"Zakary you didn't you did what a paranormalist does you found out the truth about that house and what it did to those people you just got including" she remarked. "I think when mom finds out she may make me retire" Zak stated. "Zak she wouldn't do that". "Rachel are you home?" a voice called out. She walked in and saw her mom. "Mom what are you doing here?". "I'm looking for your brother Jay told me something happened to him" she remarked.

"I'm right here mom" Zak replied coming in with sunglasses on. "Zak why are you wearing sunglasses in the house take them off". Zak sighed and took them off but when his mother saw his eyes she almost fell to the ground. "Zak those eye drop the doctor prescribed are in the bathroom why don't you use them, your eyes look red". Zak put them back on and went into the bathroom. "W-w-what happened to your brother's eyes they're crossed".

"Mom sit down and I'll tell you everything"she replied. "All right". "Zak did his own version of a lockdown at Demon House and something happened that caused pain in the back of Zak's eyes but when he came out his eyes crossed resulting in double vision. Zak has a condition called diplopia and he's going to be wearing prism glasses from now on" Rachel stated as Zak came back.

"What about surgery to correct the problem?". "Too great of a risk of me going blind mom"Zak remarked. "Zak you know I can't tell you how to live your life but I think you need to retire from being a paranormalist" she replied. "Mom that's not fair to say that Zak loves what he does and what he does with Ghost Adventures" Rachel remarked. "If it's his eyes what's next I don't want to see your brother in a grave" she said.

"Mom I know sometimes you get scared about this paranormalist thing but I wouldn't change what happened to my eyes or what happens in the future you just have to trust me" Zak explained. A month passed and the guys are getting ready to start a new season. At the airport the guys were waiting for Zak. "I hope Zak gets here soon" Billy remarked. "I just hope he can still do Ghost Adventures?" Jay wondered. "Do you really think I'm going to retire"Zak said walking over. Everyone gave him a hug.

"You look great and love the glasses"Billy replied. "Thanks Rachel picked them out"Zak stated. "Are you still going to put together your documentary". "Yeah but let's go to Deadwood" Zak remarked. At the house Rachel was cleaning up when the door bell rang. She opened the door and a delivery guy was there with flowers. "For Rachel Bagans"he replied. "Thank you" as she took them. Rachel put the flowers on her counter and saw the card which said:

TO THE WOMAN WHO HELPED ME THROUGH A DIFFICULT TIME AND HELPED ME SEE MY FUTURE

YOUR TWIN ZAK