121

Madeline is helping the guys with an investigation. "I can't believe they sacrifice animals including snakes" Aaron stated. Zak shivered a little as he walked off. "You said snakes didn't you" Maddie remarked walking over. "Does Zak have *ophidiophobia?"Jay inquired. "Maybe but I can't read Zak's mind". Zak and Aaron went into the place as the rest watched.

Then Zak saw some snakeskin. "Hey, look snakeskin" Aaron said as he picked it up. "Shh" Zak stated. "Zak what is it?" Maddie asked. "I'm not sure". "Just be careful" Madeline remarked. As time went on the guys separated and went to other rooms. As Zak went into one room the door slammed shut, he tried to open the door, but it wouldn't. Then Zak heard a rattle but couldn't tell where it was. "Madeline, can you hear me?"he asked.

She could tell something was wrong by his voice. "Zak what's wrong?". "There's a rattlesnake in here but I can't see where it is"he replied as he heard the rattle again. "Zak get out of that room slowly before it bites you"she remarked. "I-I-I can't the door is stuck"Zak said. "Zak, I put a light in your pocket take it out slowly. Turn it on and see where it is".

As he started to take it out, he felt something bite him. Zak fell to the floor. "ZAK ZAK can you hear me?". Madeline could hear Zak breathing but he wouldn't answer. "AARON!!"she called out in the walkie, but he didn't answer. Maddie called the others, but they didn't answer. Maddie grabbed a light saber from the Goldfield investigation and went in. She used the light to find her way around.

"Zak where are you?". He's mine a voice said. "Not in this lifetime" as she took a deep breath and turned a corner. Turn away now the voice said but Madeline wasn't listened as she reached the door. "Zak can you hear me?". "H-e-lp"a voice remarked slowly. Madeline tried the knob, but it wouldn't open. Madeline put down the light and rammed the door with all her might.

The door slammed opened, and Madeline grabbed the light. "Zak!!". She waved the light around and saw an altar with rattlesnakes and sidewinders around it. She looked and saw Zak on the altar with a man about to stab Zak in his heart. "GET AWAY FROM MY BROTHER!!" Madeline yelled as the man looked up.  "He's my sacrifice to my master". Madeline went over to the altar swatting the snakes with the saber. The man became angry and went over to a basket and took out a cobra.

Madeline stared right into the Cobra's eyes than it turns and spit its venom into the man's eye. The man screamed as Maddie grabbed Zak but than the other snakes circled them, but the cobra came from behind the altar and hissed at all the other snake, so they moved to the side as Madeline got Zak out of there. While the guys where outside Madeline came out with Zak they ran over as they took him.

"He needs anti venom he got bit by a rattler". A few days passed and Madeline was working on an investigation with her crew as Nick walked over. "Aaron just called Zak's going to be all right". "Thank god" she replied. "He told me what you told him it seems weird". "I know but it felt so real" Maddie said.

"Aaron sent me some of the information on that place. The guy who lived there was into the occult and thought venomous snakes were forms of the devils". "But I don't understand why the Cobra spit in that guy's face when I stared at it?"she asked. "I looked up your Chinese Zodiac and it seem you're a snake maybe that zodiac helped you". "I think after this experience Zak may develop ophidiophobia*"Maddie replied which made them both chuckle.

*FEAR OF SNAKES