4 ❥ just a disappointment

Magsimula sa umpisa

"So you need me to tutor you in calc?" Jackie asks again for the 12th time. My god what does this chick not understand.

Also yes, this is my plan b and I am very much regretting it.

"Yes, isn't that what I said the other 11 times you asked" I respond sarcastically as we begin to head to the library.

"Well yeah but I thought when you asked me to help you, you meant...other things" she says with a disappointed tone as we pick a table and sit down. So this is what a library looks like. Huh? I didn't think there would be so many people here. I honestly thought it would just be filled with a bunch of nerds.

"Oh um nope, just help with calc" I say, trying not to disappoint her even more

"Oh. Well you do know I'm not good at calc either, right?" she says

"Well you're better than me" I say getting my stuff out of my backpack

"UGH XANDER! CAN'T WE JUST GO BACK TO YOUR PLACE AND HOOKUP?" She groans...loudly may I add. That's when literally everyone in the library shushes her.

"Look Jackie, I really need to pass my midterm, so from now till then I am gonna be celibate. If you're not gonna help me, then please leave." I say to her annoyed. Oh and yes, you read that correctly, XANDER MITCHELL IS GOING TO BE CELIBATE (temporarily of course).

"Screw you Xander!" She yells as she storms away from the table and out the door.

Welp...there goes plan b. I watch her walk away and begin to put my head in my hands. Who knew finding a tutor would be so fucking difficult. God, I really wish I didn't fuck things up with Arya.

Speaking of Arya, I see her in one of the aisles clearly looking for a certain book. She looks so concentrated, I notice a bit of her tongue sticking out as she's trying to reach for a book that's just a bit out of reach for her.

"Need some help?" I offer. She jumps back, clearly frightened as she was not expecting to see me at the library.

"What, are you stalking me now?" She asks as she turns back around trying to grab the book. I roll my eyes, reach up for the book and hand it to her.

"Thanks" she mumbles as she tries to step around me, but I block her in between myself and the shelf behind her.

"Arya look, I'm seriously really sorry. I shouldn't have let him speak to you like that, especially after you offered to tutor me even though you're already super busy with work. More importantly, I shouldn't have tried to defend him by saying that he could be a dick at times, no girl should ever be treated like that. I'm not just apologizing to get you to tutor me again but also for you to forgive me...because frankly, I don't really like when you're upset with me." I say as I look her right in the eyes. She's quiet for a few seconds but then she finally looks up at me.

"I- Okay fine, you're forgiven" she says with a slight eye roll and a small smile. A sigh of relief passes through me as I slowly move out of her way. I watch as she begins to walk back to her table, holding the book close to her chest.

"Aren't you coming?" she asks

"What do you mean?" I respond confused

"You want me to tutor you right?...well your first session starts right now" she says as she turns back around and sits at her table. I laugh a little as I head back to my table, grab my things, and join her for our first session.