Chapter 38

MABILIS NA nilapag ni Pyrmont ang hawak na palumpon ng bulaklak sa kama nang tumakbo si Dessert at yumakap sa kanya.

He lifted her off the floor and she swiftly wrapped her legs around his torso. Pyrmont hug her waist and hold her thigh to support her while she clung to him. Securing her so she wouldn't fall.

"Hon... Sshh, don't cry," he shushed her as her sob is sending thorns to his chest.

Maingat siyang naupo sa kama habang yakap parin ito. Hinila niya ang manggas ng suot nitong t-shirt niya saka hinalikan ang balikat nito.

"Tahan na, hon," he pleaded, caressing her back while he keeps kissing her shoulder.

"Grabe ka magtampo Pyr..." she said between her cries.

Pyrmont chuckles. "You know I didn't sulk." Sinilip niya ang mukha nito saka hinalikan ang pisngi nito. "I was hurt, yes, but I know I deserve it--"

"Pyr--"

"Listen to me first, hon," he said. "I didn't go home since I left because I wanted to bring Rouen back to you before I face you again. But when I found him," he paused, taking a deep breath. "He needed medical attention and he has to stay in the hospital for his bruises to heal and fade... I'm sure my friends already told you what happened to him."

Tumango ito at niyakap niya ito ng mahigpit ng muli itong napaiyak ito.

"I didn't inform you earlier that we already found him because I didn't want you to see him in that state that I know would break you." Mariin niyang pinatakan ng halik ang noo nito. "It was selfish, I'm sorry, but I was there when I thought we will lose Rou and the pain was just too much and I didn't want to pass it to you-- for you not to go through such unbearable pain and fear again when you had already experienced it with Vegas. Alone... Because I was not there with you."

"Kahit sa paraan man lang na iyon ay makabawi ako sayo, hon. So I chose to make sure Rouen is fully healed before I asked my friends to take him home. Hindi ako makasama kasi hindi ko kayang iwan si Tammy. That princess is just precious I can't stand leaving her somewhere while wondering if she'll ever have a family again. She was there with Rou, holding our son despite her fears and her own pain. And I promised I will not let her feel alone. I wanted to be with her side just like how she stayed with Rouen. Tammy has also been sad for days now after I told her that Rouen has forgotten about her. She has a hard time understanding why but she did grasp the sentiment and is sad."

Nagtaas ng mukha si Dessert at nag-aaalalang nagtanong. "Nasaan siya?"

"She's with my brother, Mirrow," he replied, gently drying her cheeks from her tears. "They'll be here before dinner tonight. They went for what they call a spying date," he chuckled. "We'll reunite her with her brother now that Grant guaranteed me that Rou will be fine. And that if ever our son remembers something upon seeing Tammy, he'll help and of course, we will be there for Rou."

"Where are her parents, Pyr?"

Gumalaw ang panga niya saka nagbawi ng tingin.

"Pyr..."

"His father is brain dead because of what I did while her mother is jailed." Pyr puffed, not really in the mood to talk about the two.

"Alam na niya?"

Tumango siya. "I'm waiting for her to agree to at least see her father before we take him off of the ECMO machine but she's scared and doesn't want to," he sighed. "I want her to say goodbye at least but she's just a child and has fears. I don't know if she even understands the situation."

"Subukan kong kausapin siya..." Dessert caresses his jaw, staring at him lovingly making his heartbeats even more rapid. "How are you?"

Tumaas ang isang gilid ng labi niya. "Better now that I'm home and excited to atone for my shortcomings as your husband and as a Dad."