Epilogue

I couldn't stop my legs from bouncing, filled with anticipation as I wait for the text that would tell me to come down. My eyes roamed the dorm room walls, a specific section reserved for Jake, we couldn't be there with each other but we sent pictures all the time, happy ones with big smiles to keep the joy in the relationship. When I looked at his photo's I'm always reminded of why I love him and why I choose to be with him, I remember how much he's worth when all I want is a hug from him but can't get it.

Everyone was leaving for break and now I was to wait for my ride. Andy and his sucky driving. 

I couldn't wait to get home, I did it, I was making a future for myself and I couldn't wait to see how this future of mine played out. 

"Have a good week" Sammy waved, holding the two douffle bags on her right arm. 

Sammy, my roomate of two years at Arizona State. How she managed to run Track in the heat amazed me the first year I was here but my body has adapted and been marked with so many crappy tan lines. I now identify as a panda bear. 

"You too, tell your dad I said 'Heyyyy'" she rolled her eyes but smirk before shooting back.

"Do me the same to your brother" 

I laugh as she leaves, it was our thing really and it was the only real joke Sammy always made, she was so serious about things and I couldn't keep my eyes off the picture of her dad when I first moved in. Her father, who happens to looke like a true god, the body of an athlete which I now know is from training with Sammy. 

My phone pinged as a text from Andy comes in and I rush to the stairs with my bag in tow. Catching Sammy still in the halls, I guess our little farewell was unnecessary. 

"I thought track stars were supposed to be fast but here I find you"  I shrug as she rolled her eyes at me. 

We walk silently as she texts and walks, her eyebrows pulling together in an annoyed expression as she argues with her on and off again boyfriend. I liked to call him Shit-Stick-Shawn and he was aware of that being his permanent name. He was truly an asshole narcassist, manipulative at times and his hobbys include drinking and guilt tripping.

"So what you doing for the holidays, any special traditions?" I ask, my voice echoing down the stair case. 

She smiled and tucked her phone away. 

"Nah, my moms pretty basic" She shrugged, Thanksgiving is her moms holiday and Chrismas day is her dad's, one fine ass divorced man. Had I been single I would jump on that train real quick. 

If only my family hated Jake, or if only jake gave me a reason to hate him.

We make it outside and I smile as I see the same dark blue Jeep I left almost three years ago. My baby. 

I laugh as the back window roll down. Zeke with his obnoxiously loud mouth yelled for me "BEE BEE" a little cartboard sign in his hand reading 'I buzzing missed you' in bold white wording. 

Daniella also in the car was squeezing to stick her head out "HEYYY GIRLY!" She sang.

The doors on the car opened and I laugh as people piled out, I laugh harder as the first person met me, Jake took me into his arms, his breath tickling my neck makes me squeal, tingles shoot through my body. I hugged him tight as this was the first time in three years I have seen him, live in the flesh, we held each other for a good while. Next was Leslie who as always looked ready to cry, glassy eyes as she hugs me. I felt bad that she was ditching her family for me this year. 

My dad finally remarried, Trinity, the woman was amazing, I loved her and as they're off on their honeymoon I would be house sitting. They eloped with me as a witness but they still wanted to do the whole honeymoon thing.