Chapter 11

You know I wasn't even surprised this morning, I was still disappointed though. Sitting up the blanket falls from my bare chest, shutting my eyes I bend my legs to pull against my chest as I rub my palms on my eye. Standing and looking at Julian who stayed asleep on the bed, I wanted to keep him like that forever, sleeping was his most peaceful moments I thought as I pick up his phone and shutting off the alarm.

I didn't need his shitty morning mood to ruin an already bad starting day.

Picking up my clothes and putting them on I didn't bother with anything really, rushing down the stairs I glance into the living room where Mathew sat and he turned from the tv to glance back at me, yet again another disappointed look on his face as he threw his hands up and threw his head back.

Hopeless, I know.

I walked out quickly and got in my car, I wouldn't make it for first or second period. I was so going home to take a shower first and cover up my face because I was a full blown mess.

As I drove I just felt like a bus was running me over mentally, and it just kept reversing and driving back over me and I didn't know why. Yawning every ten minutes, dad always said it was contagious, passed around, if one person yawned it felt like a chain reaction.

An hour of complete silence before I got home, it was kind of funny because my brothers college was on the opposite side of that town, and I've never gone to visit him. It was a waste of gas going there more then four times a week but that never stopped me.

Maneuvering through the mess I give myself props, my room was a landfill but it didn't have some horrible smell or roaches and ants crawling around, making home in my belongings.

Basking in a hot twenty minute shower like I wasn't already late and they wouldn't call my parents, yeah smart idea now that I no longer have a working phone -rolls my eyes at myself- a phone that won't even turn on and I'm skipping classes, an amazing decision to make. Sar•casm, not a good idea.

Then to add laundry onto the list of things to do right after clean room. It was a list I don't think I would ever get to.

I had a pair of blue denim jeans left, grabbed a sports bra and threw a plain hoodie right on.

Mrs.Lang was outside watering her plants, and Leslie's mother was talking to her. Mentally sighing, I just wanted to leave even though I didn't want to go to school, I needed to go to school, three days I skipped already and that's about the time they would call my parents because this was me we were talking about.

Was me, never been late, never skipped, never three days in a row.

I decided to take my chances, I left my bag in my car and all I needed was my keys which I already got. Standing by the front door I was ready to race to the car and drive away before either one could stop me. Slowly opening the door and locking the bottom lock I close the door behind me and sprint to the car, getting in I neglected to put the seatbelt on and just turned on the car and pulled out.

Driving I look into the rearview mirror where Leslie's mom looked like she was about to wave at me, yeah I felt bad but that woman was too sweet and concerning, that's where Leslie got it from.

She was a human lie detector, except replace lie with problems, she could sense all your troubles and that was the last thing I needed.

I also was not paying as close attention to the clock as I thought, made it to the school for fourth period, did my makeup in the car and finished with half of the period left but I didn't want to be that person late to class and everyone looking my way.

Bad idea but I just had nerves for some reason and my way of dealing with them is weed, I don't act stupid with that, more mellowed out like that.