Chapter 24

I didn't know what to expect from my brother, I thought he's drunk, what's he going to do? Chase me? But that's exactly what he did. 

I saw my jeep following right behind me, speeding up every time I sped up, breaking every time I braked, he was riding my ass all the way up until I got to the back road that would lead back home. My phone was ringing like crazy and it was starting to bother me. I frown when I realize that I've left without even saying bye to Julian, A flashback shooting through my head helping me remember how made he always got when I left without a goodbye.

Picking up the phone I hang up on Andy, quickly putting on Do Not Disturb, and calling Julian.

I put my phone to my ear and wait as it rings.

"Hello? Baby where'd you go?" He asked, the alcohol taking a different effect than usual, making him sweet instead of a bitter mess.

"My brother was at the party so I had to leave, I'll see you on Monday, you'll come pick me up?" I question as the adrenaline rush starts to come back again.

"Of course, goodnight, babe" he replied and once I sent him a final goodbye he hung up.

I basically stomped on the gas, watching my rear view closely. I knew something that I wasn't sure they knew. I sped up and watched as they did so too, I was surprised to see the jeep still between the lines, Andy wasn't the best driver and I thought liquor would only worst his driving skills. I went eighty for a good minute before I slowed down with Andy trying to catch up, they slowly climbed pass the speed limit as I tried to near it again, wanting them to speed.

Because there was an officer watching the back roads every night, and they were always in the exact same spot. Oops, sorry brother.

I let the car go back down to thirty as I got closer, the jeep still pretty far back still only going faster and faster, I knew when they started getting closer, that whoever was on duty would pull Andy's ass over, especially because he's in my car. I laugh as the blue lights did in fact turn on as my brother flew pass them, would he get a DUI? Yes, did I care? No, was that a bitchy move of me? yes, y6es it was.

That's his fault for speeding, I didn't tell him to do that.

I went on my merry way as the jeep was pulled onto the side of the road.

Happily smiling as I felt this little buzz, putting me in a state where I just relaxed back and didn't care. When I got home, I got a towel and wiped the bottom of the car, getting rid of the dirt that would not go unnoticed on the shiny, sleek, white car. Then I rushed up stairs and changed my clothes, brushing my teeth, gargling the mouthwash for longer than needed. I wanted to get rid of all signs on beer, I used some baby wipes I had to wipe down my body a little. I felt as though my brother would come back home but I doubted it at the same time.

I dug out the joint that was still in my bra, taking off the bra after I safely tucked the joint away into my drawer. Just as I was about to lay down on the bed, a car pulled into the driveway, my car, the headlights flashed across my face and I ducked down.

I rub my eyes and lay in bed, contemplating if I should go to sleep to seem more innocent in it all or go down stairs and pretend to be mad when he starts ringing the doorbell. I totally lost the spare key, the first day of summer but I didn't tell my mom or dad yet.

Pounding on the door, Andy switched between the doorbell and knocking which wasn't even knocking, it sounded like he was slamming his body into it, pounding on the door. I sat there and waited for it all to stop, standing up when I heard grandma's heavy feet padding on the floor, the front door flying open, slamming into the wall beside it, and grandma's voice.

"Child, it is three in the damn morning and you want to come here hitting and banging on that door, what is wrong with you"

"I caught Bianca at a party" I'm sorry Andy, I'm so sorry but it's me or you and I choose you.

I let my body slouch and I make myself yawn until a real one comes out, I droop my eyes and let my body sway. When I walk down the stairs, I rub my eyes and look at him.

"What the hell do you think you were doing Bianca!" He yelled at me but I kept a straight face.

"Do not be yelling at your sister Anderson, she did not leave this house, she went straight to bed when we got home" grandma snapped and defended me, I'm sorry to you too grandma.

"No, she wasn't! I just chased her home; you can ask any of them-"

"What are you talking about?" I shook my head and tilted it back.

"She doesn't even want to leave her room. What makes you think she'd go off to a party? Anderson, are you drunk" I wanted to laugh when hearing grandma call Andy by his full name but I held it back and let the woman scold him for drinking and driving.

"I wasn't driving, I had someone else drive for me-"

"You let someone else drive your sister's car, to bring your drunk ass here and accuse your sister of sneaking out, first off, no one but you is supposed to be driving that car, your father made that clear to you"

"I know, I can prove it that she went out, let grandma smell your breath Bianca" grandma waved me towards her, I knew she just wanted to get rid of him now. I blew my breath into his face and she shook her head.

"Smells minty, was that your proof? Because it's not much proof"

"Ha! Why were you up brushing your teeth at three in the morning?"

Grandma's face softened despite everything, the trust this woman had in me "Were you puking again honey, do you want something for your stomach-"

"What? Again?" Andy asked

"Yes, for your information your sisters been having a bad stomach, sometimes I wake up to check on her and she over the toilet" I felt exposed as grandma told Andy this personal information, I didn't even know she knew it was more than once. It's been happening all week. Andy looked at me and I shrugged.

"Why didn't you tell me about that?" I shrug again, I didn't even want grandma to know, I started sleeping with my door closed and I would always try to stay as quiet as possible "Bianca"

"I'm going back to sleep, goodnight" I dismissed myself.