The Day Ninjago stood still

3rd POV

The Serpentine are in the Lost City of Ouroboros cheering Skales as the new Snake King.

All except the Generals: (Chanting.) Skales! Skales! Skales!

Skales: (Smacking a box out of Skalidor's hands) Idiot. (Laughs.) Oh, thank you, thank you. (To the Generals) Get down, get down. (To the crowd) You're too kind! (To Acidicus) Scram. Go, go, go. (To the crowd) Hypnobrai, Venomari, Constrictai, and Fangpyre. Hear me! The troubled reign of that duplicitous human Garmadon...

Mezmo: (Punching Spitta) You're it.

Spitta: No, you're it.

Skales: ...is finally at an end. At last, our time has come.

Mezmo: Hahaha, not you! (He slaps Spitta on the back of his head.)

Skales: We Serpentine must now unite in a common destiny. To secure our place as rulers of Ninjago, and not let those insufferable surface dwellers win. So as my first order, I say we burrow beneath their beloved city, to bury them as they once buried us! Fellow Serpentine, it's time we knock Ninjago City back down to size!

At Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo, the ninja are training a blindfolded Lloyd and Mia while Leo watches them because he is still injured from their last adventure.

Cole: Don't rely on your eyes. Use your ears.

Dareth: Uh, guys, I'm teaching a class later, so I'd appreciate a clean dojo.

The ninja ignored him and kept fighting, then Jay was knocked into Dareth's collection of fake trophies.

Jay: Aah!

Dareth: Ah! No, no, no! No, no, no! No! No, no, no.

He opens a window to prevent it from being broken by Jay, who was sent flying by Lloyd and Mia.

Jay: Aah!

Lloyd uses his Fire powers and sets a small patch of carpet on fire.

Dareth: No, no, no, no! (He puts it out and sighs.)

Jay: Hey, open the window! Let me in!

Mia let him back in.

Leo: Mia, remember what I told you and Lloyd about my nightmares? He said as he became serious.

Mia: Yeah? Why?

Leo: Today's the day, they're coming and they will be relentless. He said as he unsheathed his Dadao, his only weapon left after the giant stone warrior smashed his other one.

Mia's eyes widened when she realized that he was right. They had to be prepared for anything in case any of them 'possibly' was going to make it.

Leo: Mia, whatever happens to me today. You must protect Lloyd and the others because they must endure. He said as he cast a spell that showed his new improved ninja gi with extra armor and padding from the devourers teeth.

Mia: If you're pretty much saying that you're going to die or sacrifice yourself today then I'm not going to let that happen. Besides.... (puts a hand on her stomach) you have a niece and a couple of nieces and nephews to be there for in the future. She said, smiling.

Leo: You're right, but I'm not going to die yet. I'm just gonna destroy some of their numbers and keep them busy when the ninja help evacuate everyone. He said as he held his weapon ready.

Mia: I know that, but just know.... That I will always be there to catch you if you fall.

Leo: Same to you baby sis, but...'whispers' I'll get very injured to the point of passing out from blood loss because it takes me to use my Oni form to destroy hundreds and damage the stone warriors. He said as he gave his sister a one arm hug.