Chapter 14

"I've scheduled an appointment with your school counselor for this afternoon." Mom said as she wrote it on the magnetic calender attached to the fridge. "It's at 2:15, so just meet me there instead of coming home right away."

I nodded, shoving another strawberry into my mouth.

Baby Walters loves fruit.

"Is Matt dropping by this morning?"

I nodded again, eating another strawberry.

"Did you schedule your doctor's appointment for this week?" She asked, gathering papers and shoving them into her brief case. "We can find out the sex soon."

"Yes, tomorrow at 3:30." I agreed. "After school so I don't miss any. I'll have to miss a lot once the baby gets here."

"How much time is Matt taking off when the baby gets here?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Maybe a week just to help me transition with having a new baby. It's not going to be easy and I don't want to do it alone."

"And you don't have to," I heard a familiar voice behind me.

I turned in my seat, smiling at Matt as he approached me.

"Good morning Mrs. Dawson," Matt said, giving her a side hug.

"You know, I think it's time you started calling me Andrea. We've all known you a long time and you're here practically every day." Mom smiled, placing a hand on her hip. "And you'll be here even more often once the baby gets here,"

"Okay Andrea." Matt chuckled.

"That's better," she lightly chuckled, kissing my forehead. "I have to get to the office but I'll see you later."

"Bye,"

"Bye Andrea,"

She smiled and said goodbye to the twins, leaving shortly after.

"I may be a few minutes late to our appointment tomorrow," Matt informed me, taking a seat across form me.

I groaned, "Why?'

"Because I have an interview with a football scout,"

"A football scout?" I asked, confused. "I thought you weren't going to start that until next year?"

Gosh, these strawberries are delicious.

"I wasn't until Coach Tucker told me that a scout from Ole Miss was interested in me," He shrugged, as if it was no big deal. "It's because I've been a varsity player since freshman year."

Ole Miss?

"Oh my gosh, babe?" I squealed, throwing my arms around his neck. "That's great!"

"It's not that big of a deal," he shrugged, hugging me back, then letting go. "It's only an interview and then they'll have a few other scouts come watch me during games throughout the year, and maybe some next year if the interview goes well."

"Matt, Ole Miss is in Mississippi!" I beamed, devouring another strawberry. "That's pretty far from Florida."

"It's not like I'd go, it's just a possibility." He clarified, grabbing himself a strawberry and eating it. "I want to explore my options first. I have the rest of this year and all next year."

"True I guess," I shrugged, eating one of the last strawberries. "We have a little while before we have to completely determine our future."

"Our future together," he smiled, planting his lips on mine.

I deepened the kiss by gently pushing myself onto him, pressing our bodies together.

"Not in the kitchen," Tom said sternly, interrupting our mini make out session.