Chapter 1

Luke is 18 and Ashton is 17.

-Luke

It was the first day of my Senior year and I was pumped. Why may you ask, well every first and last day of school me and my mates Calum and Michael all give each other a freak to beat up. It's a tradition. It's really fun. I love seeing the scared looks on the freaks faces, It's the best thing ever.

I looked at myself in my mirror, fixing up my hair, and smoothing out my clothes. Today I choose to wear black skinny jeans, all black converse, a black tank top with a red flannel over it, and a shit load of band bracelets.

I smiled at myself, and quickly grabbed my bag and phone, heading downstairs. I sat down on my stairs railing and slid down it, jumping off once I got to the bottom.

"Lucas, I told you not to go down the stairs railing anymore! Use the stairs like how your supposed to." my mum scolds me, while handing me an apple.

"And I told you to stop calling me Lucas." I say.

"Just get to school." she sighs, and I nod, grabbing my car keys, and exiting my house. On my way to school I listened to one of my favorite bands, Green Day. I sang along and tapped my fingers on my steering wheel.

Once I was at school, I quickly got out of my car, and walked inside the big ass building. Everyone stared at me as I walked down the halls. It's from all the piercings and tattoos that I have. I'm used to it. I saw my mates Michael and Calum at their lockers and I quickly walked towards them.

"Hey guys!" I say, and fist bump them.

"Luke! We haven't seen you in so long! Why didn't you hang out iwth us over the summer?" my friend Michael asked. He always has crazy hair. Right now it's black with purple and blue in it. He calls it the galaxy hair.

"I kept getting arrested for drugs, so my mum wouldn't leave the house." I say, and Michael and Calum nod in understanding.

"So are you ready for your freak?" Michael asked with a smirk.

"Yes!" I smiled excitedly. Michael and Calum looked around the halls, looking at the students, until their eyes landed on somebody.

"Ashton Irwin." they said in unison with a smirk. I looked to see who they were looking at. He was at his locker, struggling to get it open. I laughed at what he was wearing. He was wearing a pink oversized sweater, black leggings, and Ugg boots. He had curly hair that had a flower crown on it. Why the fuck was he dressed up as a girl?

"He's new, and he's gay, so that already makes him a freak. Well I think he's a he." Calum laughs lightly, and me and Michael chuckle.

"Bring him behind the school, after schools over." Calum says, and I nod.

"Okay, and I give you guys.... the gay couple Jason and Carter." I say, and point to the kissing couple, cringing in disgust. That is so disgusting. Michael and Calum smiled at each other, and nodded. The bell rang and we said our goodbyes, and headed to class. We didn't have our first class together, but the rest of my classes we all had together. While I was walking to class, I noticed that the freak Ashton was still at his locker, trying to get it open. I decided that i'll pretend to be his friend, and then when I'll beat him he wouldn't expect it at all.

"Do you need help with that?" I ask as I approached him. He turned to look at me, and I swear my heart stopped for a minute. He had beautiful hazel eyes, and some light pink lipgloss on his lips, which I actually liked. He's the most beautiful person that i've ever seen, and he smelled like Vanilla. It was wonderful. Wait what the fuck am I saying? I'm not gay!

"Um..y-yes please." He answered shyly, which was adorable. Oh my god Luke stop! He moved out of the way and gave me his combination, and I quickly opened his locker.

"T-Thank you. I'm Ashton." he smiled and I swear that almost died. He had a cute smile. I wanted to repeatedly hit myself in the head for thinking that. There is no possible way that I like him, or boys in general.

"No problem, and you can call me Luke. So your new here?" I ask, and he nodded.

"Yeah, I moved here from Brisbane. My dad got a job transfer here so, now I'm here." he says, while putting some of his stuff in his locker.

"That's cool. So why do you dress like that? In girl clothes?" I ask.

"U-Um w-well I like dressing like t-this. It m-makes me happy." he stutters, which was cute. I'm about to shoot myself in minute.

"What do you want with me? Are you going to hurt me or something?" he asks with a scared face, and seeing that face made my heart break. What is wrong with me, I love seeing scraed faces on my freaks.

"No... I just wanted to come and talk to you." I say.

"But why? People don't talk to me, especially people like you. People like you always hurt me. My mummy said to stay away from people like you." he says while frowning.

"Why don't people like you? And why do they hurt you?" I ask.

"Because the way I d-dress, and the way that I act." he says sadly.

"Well I just want to be friends with you." I say, and his face lights up like a Christmas tree.

"Really? I've never had friends before." he says.

"Yes." I say, and he squeals and hugs me, which surprised me.

"Yay! I finally have a friend." he says excitedly, and I felt bad for tricking him. How am i supposed to beat this adorable, Innocent kid up? He did nothing wrong. Why am I acting like this? I'm supposed to want to beat him up, but for some reason I don't want to. I want to protect him. What is happening to me?

------