chapter 10

They have been in her room for about 4 hours now. don't wanna go up there and see them all cuddled up in her bed. Because I know I will breakdown the exact moment I see them. So I just sit here with Emma's parents who are talking about something work related. It's all peaceful until I hear someone start to yell from Emma's room. I stand up and start walking to the stairs when I see Noah walking downstairs angry, putting on his shoes and leaving. I run up the stairs going to check upon Emma. I walk in to her room seeing her cry. I run over to her and pull her into a hug. She sobs in my arms for hours not letting me go.

When she stops crying I wipe the last tears away for her. "He broke up with me" She says about to start crying again. "Why?" I tell her. "Because I told him that i didn't like that he told people about you being gay and that it is disrespectful to do that." she tells me. My eyes widen when I hear why. "Well if he can't put up with your opinion then he doesn't deserve any of your love." I tell her. "Yeah I know, but I loved him." she says. "I know" I say to her giving her another hug. I look down at her face stained with tears. She doesn't deserve this. she deserves all the happiness she wants. I have always known he was a shit boyfriend but just didn't want to tell her this was gonna happen.

I know you're hurt right now

missing that one person who was so special to you

Your heart hurts a little

or a lot

or you're not quite sure

the only thing you know is that you still have love

not for the person that hurt you

but for the person who you were with

I write these words down for her and rip out the paper. I give her it and she reads it. she carefully folds it and puts it underneath a candle. she asks me if we can go get some good break up food from the store and watch a movie when we're back. I pull her up from the bed giving her one of my warmer hoodies to put on. We reach her parents and when they see her face still stained with tears, they come to hug her. she pulls out of the hug and tells them where we're going.

We're walking back home when I feel her arm brushing against mine softly. My stomach starts to flutter and I smile a little. She sees me smile and asks me: "What you thinking about?" I look away. "Oh just a thinking back at a fun time." I lie. She smiles and starts looking around her. I want to hold her hand so bad. Before I know I'm rubbing her hand with my pinky finger. She doesn't pull away from the touch but does the exact opposite. She wraps her arms around my arm and walks as close as possible to me.

I wished I could be him

Now I just want to be the one

The one for you

The one who treats you like he should've treated you

My stomach flutters, I Feel good. Now that she is holding me close.