•31•

Bianca Jade

I didn't end up reaching out to JJ.

I had too much on my mind and I knew that he didn't have any less so I sought not to bother him until I figured my shit out.

It has been two weeks and today was the day where I'd be having my conjugal with Rafe and I was beyond nervous.

It's been so long since I'd been intimate and I almost forgot how to act around him. Being naked in front of another's presence was daunting and it was so weird because I remember when it felt so normal.

"No, I can't. I'm helping Kie with a shift at the wreck" I said as I peeled my crop top off my body to reveal my white bikini top.

"The wreck?" Rafe frowned as he made himself comfortable on my bed "Since when do you need to work at the wreck?"

"I don't need to work at the wreck" I rolled my eyes as I pulled the strings to my bikini undone "But Kie needs help and I'm not gonna say no. Besides I'm in my parents bad books since the other night when you snuck in through the front door so this will help them not be made at me—thanks for that by the way"

"You are very welcome, baby" he smiled as I watched his eyes flicker down to my naked chest. I had been naked in front of Rafe more then 100 times, it just felt so normal.

"Anyways, are you not out with Topper and Kelce tomorrow?" I asked as I retreated into the bathroom. I heard Rafe shuffle off my bed and follow me.

"Yeah. We're out at the golf range for half the day then to Toppers" he said as he crossed his arms over his chest and leant against the doorframe. Watching me intently as I turned the shower in and dampened my bare body in the warm water.

Noticing him stare at my body, was so casual, almost as though I was wearing clothes.

And now...

Now I don't think I could even take off my top.

I currently sat at the front desk, filling out a few more pieces of paperwork before I was allowed to go in and see Rafe. I was nervous, the constant chewing on my lower lip had left it flaking but I couldn't help it.

What if he didn't like the way I looked anymore? What if he thinks my body is ugly?

Every negative thought possible flashed through my head before I even got through the door.

"Miss Jade" I finally signed the bottom of the page and looked to my left where the same guard as last time greeted me "I'll have a guard escort you to room 506"

"Thank you" I smiled and clutched onto my shoulder bag tighter. He gestured for me to follow him and I did, keeping aware of my surrounding as i looked down at the floor, watching his feet move the same time as mine.

Anything to take my mind off this and stop me from overthinking.

"Just wait here" the guard smiled as he left me by the door of the visiting room. I nodded and breathed out slowly as I looked over at all the people having visitors. Quiet chatter filled my eardrums, slowly distracting me from why I was actually here.

"Hello, pretty lady" I flinched slightly as I looked to my left and at a tall brunette man. He wore the blue uniform just as every other patient in this facility and showed a generous smile.

I was standing in front of the vending machine so I moved, assuming that's what he was here for. I apologised and continued to mind my own business until I noticed he wasn't moving.