•18•

Bianca Jade

I woke up to the gentle roar of the boat engine come to a stop. I was confused of where I was at first, having only just woke up, my mind wasn't processing anything.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, letting the sheets fall from my naked chest. I looked beside myself and saw Rafe was gone. I finally remembered that we were on the boat and quickly I raced to put my clothes back on.

I turned around and looked at the window, realising we were in the middle of the bank. I frowned and assumed Rafe had something planned and that's why he drove us out here.

I opened the door to the room and went to step out when I heard a voice that I really did not expect.

"Y'know, there is really nothing like the fresh sea air early in the morning, John B" I froze, hearing Wards voice made me completely confused.

I slowly closed the door and took steps back, trying to figure out what I'm gonna do. I raced over to the bed and picked up my phone from the windowsill.

Message: from Rafe
Went to get you a coffee and some breakfast. Won't be long x

I looked at the time stamp and realised what was at 6:30, it was now 7:10. I panicked and realised Rafe wasn't on the boat and had a feeling Ward didn't know I was.

I contemplated whether or not to make myself known, let Ward know I was on the boat.

I thought for a moment and decided on it. I mean, he couldn't be the mad at me could he? It was just an accident.

I gulped and pulled the door open, about to step out but what I heard made me shrink back.

"I told you to stop looking for the Royal Merchant gold and you didn't and I'm glad you didn't because God damn it, you found it"

"Fuck" I cursed under my breath. How did Ward found out? Did Sarah tell him? No, Sarah would never betray us like that, especially John B, she's too in-love with him.

"I- I wish" John B chuckled nervously. I turned around away from the door, swiping my hand over my mouth and contemplated on what I was going to do.

I couldn't just walk out now, they'd know I was here and I knew that wouldn't end well for whatever reason. I thought about staying in the cabin until they made it back to shore but the sound of plea's for help and the rough tussling of a fight made me decide other wise.

Suddenly the boat started to move, the violent jolt almost knocking me off my feet.

I turned around and looked out the window, seeing Ward stand at the back of the boat with a large fishing hook in his hand.

I audibly gasped and guessed John B was driving the boat and that hook was intended for no good. I Rushed out of the room, trying to get to John B before Ward did but I was too late.

"Step away, John B!" I heard Ward shout, the sound of metal clashing against metal made my spin tingle. I stood back and walked around to the other side of the boat to try and get a better view of everything.

I watched as John B and Ward tussled and fought. John B loosing.

I realised I couldn't just stand here. I looked around bestie myself for something to use. I suddenly spotted the metal end of a fishing rod, it wasn't much but it was better then nothing.

I clutched it in my hand tightly and walked around to the back of them, raising the metal in my hand I brought it down against Wards back. He groaned, loosing his balance and falling to the ground.