chapter fourteen

Lilac's pov

I wake up with sunlight shining onto my face. I stretch and get up. I slept a whole of two hours last night. Twisting and turning constantly. I felt so much anger and sadness because we saw him yesterday. I walk into my bathroom and take a shower. I put on a simple black outfit and accessorise myself with my everyday weapons. I put my hair up into a low bun and make my way out of my room. I can hear them talking in the living room. I get closer and they are indeed already discussing.

"Good morning. How are you today?" Cleo asks, trying to be cheery.

"Morning. I'm fine." I tell her and take a seat on the couch.

Cody is sitting on a chair with his laptop on his lap. To my left, sits Cleo and to my right Liam. On the other couch you have Avian and Nate. Cody is reading through something on his laptop and we're all waiting for him to start talking.

"Alright, we have a lot of information on him and his daughter. I think it's actually enough. There is another organisation, Cobra, who wants his daughter behind bars or dead. They have their own jail, which holds kids as well. Maybe we can drop them a location of where she might be." Cody says.

"We could drop the location of the school, they'll wait in the parking lot. They don't like to be seen." I suggest.

"That's not a bad idea." Cleo chimes in. "What do you guys think?"

"Sounds good." Nate agrees.

"I'm in." Liam says.

"Yeah, me too." Avian says.

"Alright. Next is Alejandro. He has deal going on in two days. The deal will be with the Spanish mafia. Maybe we can somehow convince them to help us." Cody explains.

A memory of Jess and I comes to my mind.

"You girls better come by again soon." Mary says to us when we leave her family's mansion.

"Uhm hello, off course we will! We love this place. Besides y'all owe us. You'll see us soon enough to ask for the favor." Jess says while we laugh.

"Please be careful, chicas. I love y'all lots." Mary says before we hug each other goodbye again.

That was the last time that Mary saw Jess.

"I can figure something out." I say to the rest.

They all turn to me and I can tell they have a lot of questions.

"Let me just call someone. In what port will it be again?" I ask Cody.

"Uhm, just the one here in Barcelona." He responds and I nod.

I get up from my seat and walk back to my room. The last time I talked to Mary was when I had to tell her about Jess. I remember hearing her cry softly. But I could tell she was keeping some of her crying in for me. We kind of lost touch after. I get my phone out and scroll until I see her contact. I take a deep breath and click on her contact. I can hear the phone connecting.

"This is Mary." She says through the phone.

"Hi Mary." I respond back.

"Oh my god, Emery. Wait, shit, sorry, I mean Lilac."

I chuckle, like actually chuckle. Just like I did when I was laying with Nate. I take a deep breath.

"I need that favor, Mary." I say carefully, trying to pinpoint what she'll say.

"What fa- Oh, I almost forgot that was even a thing, ha-ha. I think I'd do it even if I didn't owe you anything. What can i help you with?"

I let out a breath of relief.

"We found him. We found Alejandro. And he's having a deal with your mafia in two days down at the port. We need to somehow be able to ambush the deal. You will know the plan but you need to act surprised. Can we work something out together?"

"Shit, if I knew it was him I would have never done business with him."

"I know, Mary."

"Who is 'we' though?"

"He assigned me to a team. Her boyfriend's team." I explain

"So, you're working with her boo. The one she wouldn't tell either one of us about."

"Yeah, that one."

"Please tell me something exciting is happening between the two of you. I just have this gut feeling."

"Mary!"

"What? You and I both know, that if she was here, she would have encouraged the both of you.  But I think your response answers my question." She says, I can literally hear her smirk.

"Nothing happened."

"Sure..." she drawls out, not believing me. 

"Fine, we were stuck in a closet and if we stayed there longer we might have kissed but we didn't."

"I knew it!"

"Anyways, this isn't why I called."

"Right, sorry. I'll contact my men and I'll tell them your plan when you explain it to me. How about I stop by tomorrow and you can walk me through the plan. After, we can catch up. Hm?"

"Sure, sounds good. I'll send you the address later today. And thank you."

"Alright. And don't thank me, we were like sisters and we always will be. I love you, see you tomorrow."

"Love you too, see you tomorrow." And with that we hang up.

It was nice talking to Mary again. I didn't realise I missed her so much. We were like sisters indeed. Inseparable. We were a dangerous trio on missions. Dad had business with Mary's father and brought us along. Little did he know that he had given us the opportunity to become truly lethal. As a trio. I gather myself and walk back to the living room. 

"I have someone visiting tomorrow. I'll explain the plan to her. We can start today by dropping the location to the Cobras." I tell them 

"Sure. I'll send them the location of the school and a timestamp for 8.30 am in two days." Cody says. 

"Okay good. How about we work through the plan for the port?" I suggest. 

"Alright. Alejandro has a meeting at night, so we could use the dark to our advantage. Does anyone have any experience with ninja skills?" Nate starts. 

I raise my hand. Jess and I took a course as a joke but it had proven it's purpose during some missions. I see Liam raise his hand as well, although I think that's because of his video games. 

"Liam, not based on video games." Avian tells him. 

"What? But it can help, I promise." he tries to reason.

"I think we should trust Lilac's skills. No hate though." Cleo interjects.

"You're all mean." Liam says while pouting. 

"Shut up, you big baby." Avian says to Liam. 

"Well, if we have a layout, we can figure out where there will be blind spots, where you can be invisible. And where we have to be careful. Can you find a layout Cody?" I say.

"Jup, I'll send it through then we can figure out the plan." he says and we all nod in agreement. 

Let the endgame begin.