chapter three

Lilac's pov

I spin and draw my gun shooting the target. It turns off. Good. Three more to go. I hear a 'bullet' coming my way and move out of the way in time. I shoot that target on spot as well and turn to look at the rest. But as I do, a 'bullet' finds it's way to my side. I grab my side and pull out the 'bullet'. I groan in frustration. "Again!" I yell at Gary. He nods and the simulation starts again. 

After two other tries, I won the simulation unscratched. Honestly, it doesn't really happen often that you'll have a hundred men after you but I ignore that. When I drink my water I look at the clock and realise it's seven o'clock.

 "Shit, I gotta get ready." I say to Gary. 

I run out of the gym and head to my room. I quickly grab a suit and go to my bathroom. I turn on the shower and let the hot water bless me. Two years ago Gary invented this new kind of training system where you would get shot at with darts. The pain would feel like it's a bullet, but the damage would be of a dart. I've been training with it since the beginning. Trying to see how far my heightened senses would get me. So far, hundred men against one. If it's just guns of course. I know I have an advantage but that's exactly why I train with it, to try and use it to my advantage. 

I get out of the shower and put on the suit. I put my blond hair in a high pony tail. I go to my closet and grab some weapons. I put a dagger in each boot, a dagger and gun in my thigh strap, a gun in the back of my belt, two daggers on my back and to top it off I put some some handy stuff in a small pouch on my belt. I'm ready for combat if I need to. I grab my keys and helmet and say bye to Gary. Driving off to the Agency. I will be five minutes late, just like I planned. 

I walk towards the doors and heighten my senses. I greet Mary with a nod and she does the same. 

"Okay, we have the file. Now, who is the agent joining our team?" a young man says in the office. "Joining? Pfft, you will just be helping me." I mutter to myself so no one can hear. 

"The agent who is assigned to your team is Agent Number 24." Sam says to the people in the room. I noticed that there are five, four men and one woman. Poor woman. I also notice how the room has gone silent. 

"I thought she was dead?" another young man says. "Seriously?" I mutter to myself.

"No, she is not. She is very much alive." Sam says. "I thought her story of survival was just a story to motivate us." another young man says, although I can tell he is the oldest. I decide this will be my time to step inside. 

"It wasn't just a story to motivate you, I very much lived through it." I say while walking into the office. All eyes turn to me. 

"Everyone, meet Agent Number 24 or Lilac." Sam says while looking at the others in the room. I look at the others in the room. They don't look pleased with the situation, well the feelings mutual guys. 

"I added something to the file." I say turning away from the team and to Sam. He looks at his computer, reading what I added. While my focus is on Sam, I can feel the eyes set on my back.

"You know, staring is quite rude." I say, my back still to the team. I immediately feel the eyes leave my back. Good. 

"Okay then. I have sent it to the team as well. Now that everybody is up to date, you can start planning how to receive Elvis." Sam says. I feel my anger rising as I hear Elvis' name. I hate him. He tortured me the entire time I was there. But he is also Alejandro's best buddy. I turn away to leave and walk to the doors when Sam speaks up again. 

"Oh and Li-Agent Number 24, you're moving into the team house, effective immediately." Sam says in his calmest voice possible. My blood starts boiling again. I stop in my tracks and turn to face him. I reflexively grab onto my dagger on my thigh, slowly releasing it from my thigh strap.