⤷ iv. The Peach

CHAPTER FOUR

The Peach

          Sara Lin groaned as she walked to class, dragged by Vicky. She despised waking up early for morning classes, it was the bane of her existence. Patrick and Tammy were trailing behind taking amongst themselves, in their own world. Though they would repeatedly claim they were not together, many of the students just assume they are. Sara wished she had someone like Tammy, just to keep her sane and balanced since she often felt like everything around her was spiraling out of control. Most of the students who were up were upperclassmen since they usually had the earlier classes. At breakfast their schedules were passed out, it was during that moment when she realized that one class. Everyone had a bad subject here, something they struggled with, and there was one class Sara Lin was truly bad at. D.A.D.A.

There was a time when she was told her mother was quite good at Defense Against the Dark Arts. In fact, she was a natural at it always making the top scores for the class. At least, that's what Vicky's mom had told her once. Unfortunately, Sara Lin did not inherit that gene. Though she wasn't quite sure what she had inherited from her mom, she wasn't really good at anything. The one class she was good at was Muggle Studies, granted, she was raised by her father and so it came naturally. If were to be terrible at that class, she'd be the laughing stock of her house.

She also enjoyed potions. It was a class she was a natural at, but D.A.D.A was a class she was horrible at. She can already hear her dad chastising her to study. The sixth-year was going to be the most challenging year, and one bad thing about school was that it went by fast. Suddenly, Vicky stopped causing Sara to bump into her. 

"Vicky, are you ok? What made you stop?" Her cousin's gaze was fixated on Joe and Subway boy. Both of whom were chatting in front of the D.A.D.A class. Before going to their dorms last night, Sara managed to catch Vicky, the bluenette chuckling once she informed Sara she was aware of who happened to transfer to Hogwarts. 

"Oh Sara, you have the worst luck. This is worst than the time you choked on a peach in front of Patrick in the second year." Her laughter was still echoing in Sara Lin's ears because it was true. She truly did have the worst luck, she hadn't even touched a peach in 5 years because of that incident. She barely even ate in front of Joe, afraid she'd choke on her food.

"Vicky, Sara Lin, hey!" Joe greeted with a wide grin. The two brothers were different. That was one thing that Sara took note of as they walked over slowly. While Joe was an inch taller, his aura was welcoming. Books in one hand at his side, his yellow tie loose around his neck. While subway boy was neater. He wasn't smiling nor did he seem approachable, yet his Slytherin robes were neat and pristine much like a Prefect's uniform. Sara was sure if he'd been here since the fourth year, he would have gotten the role along with Rose Wu. The two girls stood in front of the boys and her hands were starting to sweat, did Oliver really not recognize her? 

If Oliver did somehow recognize her, he didn't make it known. His expression gave nothing away and while Vicky immediately went to fix Joe's tie, Oliver merely shifted his books from one arm to the other. Joe chuckled lightly as Vicky chastised him for not fixing his tie correctly. 

"Vick you're starting to sound like Oliver this morning, he kept telling me how he was surprised I even got the task of being a Prefect." Joe spoke up playfully shoving his brother who looked unbothered at his older brother's antics. Sara watched the two with an intrigued look, it felt natural. The two brothers acting like usual siblings, Joe looked much more comfortable.