Chapter 27: Dumbledore Finds Out

June 30th 1996 continued

"Wonder why he hasn't shown yet?" Hermione asked as she looked at her watch. They had been expecting Dumbledore to arrive any minute after they had revealed their marriage to the Weasleys and yet the morning had turned into afternoon and now it was evening and still the Headmaster had not shown. It had become very frustrating because they didn't dare return to Hermione's house via the cabinet for they were sure Dumbledore would show up the instant they left.

"I don't know," Harry replied as he glanced at the door for the hundredth time. "Maybe he's busy."

"Maybe we should ask someone, or at least find out what's happening with Ron and Ginny," Hermione suggested.

"Yeah, maybe so. Should be about time for dinner though I don't think I want to eat at the table this evening."

As if someone was reading their minds, a knock started on the door. "Arry, 'Ermione? May I come in? I 'ave your dinner."

"One second," Harry replied as he quickly unlocked and opened the door.

Fleur stood there with a tray encumbered with various dishes, all giving off the most aromatic of smells. "After zis morning, Mr. Weasley zought it might be a good idea for me to bring your food. 'E didn't think you would want to eat with ze rest of zem right now."

"No, I can't say I would want to eat with Ginny or Ron," Harry admitted as he lifted a cover off of a dish. The smell was inviting. "So no love potions? Lust potions?"

"Non, but if you wish me to sample zem first I will," Fleur offered with a tired smile. "Zough if I suddenly 'ave desires for Ginny or Ron, please restrain me."

"Thanks, but I was kidding, well mostly," Harry replied. "How is everyone?"

Fleur sat down on the bed as she let out a sigh. "Eet 'as been a long day. I found four different bottles of potions in Ginny's trunk and gave zem to Arthur."

"What's happening to Ginny and Ron?"

"Zey 'aven't included me so I can only tell you what I 'ave overheard," Fleur explained. "Ron 'as been in 'is room all day but I'm not sure of ze extent of 'is punishment. Bill is trying to get 'is parents to take Ginny to Saint Mungos. 'E's seriously afraid she might do something drastic, but Arthur and Molly are reluctant for some reason."

"Why?" Hermione asked.

"I do not know, but I know zey 'ave been trying to contact Dumbledore all day with no success. Even zeir Patronuses are not getting to 'im."

"Are they really that desperate to tell him about us that it's more important than Ginny?" Harry asked incredulously.

"I can't see why it would..." Hermione's eyes flew open, "What if...no he wouldn't have..."

"What?"

"The Chamber...I mean afterwards. I...I don't remember anything being done for Ginny. I mean we got home and then after only a month they were off to Egypt."

"So...maybe she didn't need any help."

"Or they were told that she didn't need any help...persuaded in fact."