♡︎Chapter 1♡︎

========================="Life is never perfect

"Life is never perfect.
But It's always what you make it.
So make it count, make it memorable,
And never let anyone steal your happiness.
=========================

(A/n: Hey guys! this is the first chapter and I hope you enjoyed it because I spent hours editing and writing this- warning there will be random spelling errors that I might have missed. so please be patient with me)

The sound of the rain pounding against the roof, making it sound like the roof would cave at any moment at how hard the rain hit. The sound of the wind harshly sways the tresses to side to side, making the air bit colder around the castle.

But even with the cold air, Scar still felt the sweat forming on her forehead while sleeping, turning her head in different direction in discomfort while letting out small sounds of fear under her breath.

~Flashback: 1982 at 2:00pm~

"Mother, please stop!" Scar cried out, scooting further away from her mother till her back was pressed against the old rusty wall. Watching her mother walking closer and closer with a knife in her hand. Ignoring the cries and begs from her daughter when she reached for scar's black sweater and lifted her off the ground.

Doesn't matter how much she struggled against her mother... her grip on the sweater will tighten, keeping scar in the same spot against the wall. "p-please...! Don't do this!" Scar said, hot tears started to fall from her eyes like a waterfall.

Scar's mother simply stared right in her daughter's eyes. Raising the knife high, aiming for scar eye. "Goodbye scar..."

~End of nightmare by fallen/author~

Scar let out small raspy gasp, sitting up on her bed as she looked around in every direction of the room till she just realizes it was a dream...the same old dream she been having for years. Never changing just repeat the same old thing every time. Scar rubbed her eyes tiredly while throwing the blanket off her body, shivering at the cold air.

Walking towards the bathroom and turning on the light. Scar looked up at the mirror, taking in her appearance as insecurities started crawling into her mind. She has long messy black hair, tanned skinned, brown eyes but on her left eye, there was a large scar and an blind eye. She's wearing avenger sleep wear.

She let out sigh of annoyance, shaking off the negative feelings and grabs the brush and proceed to brush her messy hair and get her everyday clothes to wear.

~time skip by fallen/Author~

Scar walked downstairs, putting on her black and white mask and readjust it before entering the living room and noticing Cross sitting on the couch, angrily mumbling under his breath about not having anything to watch on the tv while skipping through the channels in impressive speed.

He looked away from the tv towards the living room entry, just noticing scar's presents in the room. He waved his hand to the girl. Asking her to come over, wanting help with picking a channel. She nodded awkwardly and walked herself towards the couch, grabbing the remote from Cross hand.

Sitting down next to him and switch to channel to channel. "Hey masky, have trouble sleeping?" he bluntly asked, leaning back on the couch in boredom with nothing to do at the moment than watch the channel switch randomly.

Scar sighed; she was silently wishing he wouldn't asked that but guess what? He did! Before she could respond to his question. Both jumped slightly in their spot when they heard yelling in the kitchen from horror and killer about something.

Both staring at the direction of the living room entry, mentally sweating at the yelling and cursing from the kitchen for good 2 minutes before turning their attention back to the tv and change the subject. "So..are we going on the mission today?" scar asked, noticing how cross's body suddenly turned tense at the question.

Scar turned her gaze towards cross, waiting for his response but he just slowly turns his head in a different direction in hopes he won't meet her gaze. Mentally sweating like a waterfall. "Erm...you aren't going...??" he chuckled nervously, scooting bit further away. Waiting for a reaction.

"What do you mean I'm not going?!" Scar yelled out in confusion. Standing up from the couch to glare at the nervous skeleton In front of her. She doesn't understand what is happening– she is skilled enough to go on missions and do her job perfectly fine and now she can't go?!

Cross raised his arms in defence, trying to calm his friend down before she does something stupid in the fit of wrath. "Look– Nightmare said you couldn't go because you are still recovering from the last mission remember?" Scar groaned, crossing her arms as she recalled what happened few weeks ago.

Dream had successfully shot her with his arrow when she was distracted on trying to make a portal to get out of the au they were in, nothing serious except for being hit on the shoulder. Which really hurt.

"I'm perfectly fine cross! It doesn't hurt anymore" that was actually lie, it still hurt like a bitch, but she would rather deal with the pain then sit in silence in her room, doing nothing. Cross rolled his eyes, knowing she was lying about the pain but sighed. "Look I understand that you want to go but you need to recover first" He explained, walking out of the living room towards the kitchen to get the others ready for the mission with scar following behind him.

Scar sighed in defeat as she watches the other skeletons standing around the portal ready to leave. "Fine, fine! I'll stay here at the castle but promise you won't get yourselves killed or hurt?" they chuckled in amusement; they aren't really the ones keeping promises. Especially if it's about their safety. "You know we can't" error said, walking through the Portal with the others following behind. Leaving Scar in the castle alone.

'..please be safe'

please be safe'